01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2T46G2-4I (C), resolution changed with firmware

JulioFr1ch

Hello,

for some G3 or G5 cameras (I don't know anymore because mine has the "C" after the reference so probably a G5) the model is DS-2CD2T46G2-4I (C) it was sold with a resolution of 2592 × 1944 pixels, but this was deleted with the firmware do you think it will come back or how to get it back is there a way because we even gain 1mp resolution?

(I specify that I have not updated, it was delivered with this firmware already included)

Because they were sold like that with this resolution and now we don't have it, it's a bit of a shame for such an important parameter as the resolution.

Hi @JulioFr1ch

What firmware version is the camera currently running?

Have you reduced the frame rate to 20fps and then checked the resolution options? Previously the 5MP resolution was only available when running the camera at 20fps.

Hello, yes I have tried to reduce the frame rate to 20fps to see if that changes, no it offers me 4MP, the only firmware version is v5.5.800 build 210628, do you think this can be recovered?

Hello, yes I have tried to reduce the frame rate to 20fps to see if that changes, no it offers me 4MP, the only firmware version is v5.5.800 build 210628, do you think this can be recovered?

Attachments

• 75D26A4D-B777-4CC9-8AB1-6E4632A5CBEE.png
    75D26A4D-B777-4CC9-8AB1-6E4632A5CBEE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Hi @JulioFr1ch

I've just spoken to Hikvision support and they have confirmed that the 5MP resolution has been removed from the (C) models.

We are equally annoyed about this because we had asked Hikvision to explain the differences between the non(C) and (C) models multiple times and we have compared datasheets but did not pick up on this small spec change.

yes I do not understand and some resellers are not aware of the change, so their product sheet does not always correspond to the models sent and the technical specifications of each model. the 5Mp resolution was available on the g3 but not on the g5 because g5 supports a 3rd stream in 1080p it seems to me. I hope the 5mp resolution will come back but I don't really believe it .. it's still a shame for a product that is supposed to be more "recent"

Back