01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD3135F-I cameras constantly becoming unauthorised / resetting

velona

Hi Peeps,

I have a couple of cameras, DS-2CD3135F-I which are Dome IP cameras with POE.

These cameras have caused me no end of grief, and I was about to give up on them, but before I do I though I would try here for some advice.

The problem I keep having with these cameras, is that after hard resetting them(button) and then getting them working, after an indeterminate period of time, they either a) become unauthorised or b) lose their settings and I have to activate them via SADP again.

If they become inactive, and I re-activate them, they tend to work if I connect to them directly, but do not accept any further changes to configuration via the online portal.. They also seem to be difficult to connect to via my Synology DS.

So hard resetting them seems to be my only option, but this is cumbersome given where they are placed under my house eaves.

In my most recent try, i set the cameras to reboot themselves automatically every week, and this caused the same problem during the reboot.

Can anyone help, why is this happening? Could this be related to them being connected via POE, and losing power unexpectedly? I could use a UPS to maintain power and prevent any surging.

I try to find this model in the Hikvision database to look for updated firmware and it seems to have been deleted. This seems very odd.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back