01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS - IVMS-4200 - Default vs Restore

llars

Due to "Device error" when I try to change some of the Smart Event I have been adviced from Hikvision to do a Default. In IVMS-4200 there is two choices: Restore and Default. There is a difference where Restore reset all parameters, except IP parameters and user information, but Default restore all. Further I can read in the manual that in the last choice the ip is set to default and I may need SADP (beeing in the same local network) to change it. That is a problem for me as I am remote 200 miles from the camera. This camera will be given default 192.168.1.64.

I have two questions:

1. As I use an asus router remote with local network 192.168.1.xxx, is it possible for me to only use IVMS-4200 from remote to change the ip after doing the "strong" Default, Default?

2. Is there any other difference between Default Restore and Default Default than the mentioned IP parameters and user information? That is important to me because my "Device error" problem certainly not have anything to do with Ip parameters and user information.

Last edited:
From the contextual help in a camera's Config:

Restoring Default Settings

Go to the camera restore interface, and click Restore or Default to restore the default settings. After Default action,the IP address is also restored to the default IP address, please be careful for this action.

Note: For camera that supports Wi-Fi, wireless dial, or wlan function, Restore action does not restore the related settings of mentioned functions to default.

Thanks, Phil.

There is a small difference in the help text from one camera to another, but it seems that the Restore action is made to make it possible to set the motion parameters back to default (i.e. "zero") all together and nothing more.

In my case I have problem with "Device error" when I try to change "Smart events" and setting the parameters to default isn't enough. Therefore a complete default back to factory setting may be needed. But then I must reach (be in) the same LAN as the camera.

Further I would like to know if the reset with "reset button" do more than the "Default, Default" - regards to my problem?

As far as I know a pushbutton reset performs the same factory default as the Config -> 'Default' option.

Thank you again, Phil.

I'll go for Config, Default and am happy to not climp to the rooftop.

Back