01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZSWG/P ANPR missing digits

Secureaccess1

Hi all, recently installed the above camera on an automatic gate entrance system for a customer. We have run the Wiegand output through a 4G controller similar to a Paxton setup but standalone. We have set the settings up to be optimum for ANPR only but am having issues on the Hik intermittently missing digits from a number of plates. Am I doing something wrong?this is the first ANPR Setup I have put in - the 4G woegand side is working great when the correct number plate is sent across. See pics for clarification.
Any help would be massively appreciated
51381983-1301-477C-BD60-DA10360DDED5.jpeg
1862E2F3-59D4-49DA-8631-0CD19F5649DB.jpeg
C97CE510-0CA7-40A7-B48E-EF17FA028ACE.jpeg

As Dan said, make sure you are on the latest firmware. And read this excellent post about setting up Hikvision ANPR. Especially the exposure time settings. And play with that a bit to see if it makes a difference:

Personally our Hikvision ANPR cameras don't always get it right depending on conditions and vehicle speed etc but "most plates" are read correctly "most of the time". BUT I do see some registrations which ALWAYS miss off the first or last digit of the registration. I don't understand why, it can be the clearest shot of the plate but the firmware will just ignore the first or last digit (more usually the first digit). And I mean those same plates will ALWAYS be misread in the same way day after day no matter which camera it goes past, what angle, what conditions, day/night. It's very odd.

There is no newer firmware for our cameras. I just assumed it was a bug in the firmware that we just have to live with and maybe newer Hikvision cameras/firmware would work better.

I'm pretty sure that the release notes for recent firmware for one of the ANPR cameras mentioned improved handling of number plates with private registration number layouts, as if what you are seeing is a known problem that they have now improved.

I'm pretty sure that the release notes for recent firmware for one of the ANPR cameras mentioned improved handling of number plates with private registration number layouts, as if what you are seeing is a known problem that they have now improved.
If only they were private plates...both plate 1 and 19 (that are not identified correctly) are standard registrations with illegal character spacing. Now if only I could dodge speed cameras that easily.......;)

Back