01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2DE4A425IW-DE with no smart/auto tracking

Moore_Lee

Hi everyone.
I'm a small business owner that is currently being targeted with break-ins.
I've purchased a Hik NVR (DS-7608NI-I2/8P) and my fist camera is a Hik DS-2DE4A425IW-DE
I have several questions you might be able to help me with:
1: What would be the most likely reason that there is no option to turn on smart tracking?
When logged on via a web browser there is no configuration -> PTZ (pic 1)
2: Could it be that I've been supplied the incorrect camera? This is the eBay link to the item. Clearly stating that it has smart tracking
eBay Link
3: It states in the User Manual at 5.4.8 Configuring Smart Tracking that "The VCA speed dome do not support this function." It has Speed Dome on the label of the box. Whats the difference? Are there 2 difference cameras with the same model number?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone can help me out.

Attachments

• hik1.jpg
    hik1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 373
Hi @Moore_Lee

The 4A425 PTZ does support Auto-tracking

We would recommend that you log in using Internet Explorer as the firmware the PTZ runs does not offer full support for modern browsers like Chrome.

Also, if the camera is directly connected to the NVRs PoE port then we would recommend that you enable Virtual Host and access the PTZ cameras settings directly.

Dan,

Thank you, starting up virtual host has opened up full access to the camera and with a little playing around it now works as I need it to.

Just turning on smart tracking isn't always the best option. This video has a pretty good guide on how to use it with intrusion detection or line crossing.

I saw that video long before I got full control of the settings, and that's how I've set up the smart tracking. Just fine tuning it now to remove the false alarms

Back