01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2DE5425IW-AE(S5) AutoTracking/SmartTracking

Jami3

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on setting smart tracking for hik ptz's.

I installed the DS-2DE5425IW-AE(S5) with acusense and was hoping to have only humans/vehicles trigger the smart tracking, however in order to do this, I have to use one of the smart event triggers. The problem is that the smart event triggers can only be in certain areas meaning if a human walks just outside of the smart event trigger but perfectly within field of view, the camera will not track. Also, if the camera tracks to a location, then loses target, then finds new target, it will not track the new target because it didn't trigger a smart event.

It's almost like it could do with a checkbox on the "Smart Tracking" menu for "Humans" or Vehicles.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on setting smart tracking for hik ptz's.

I installed the DS-2DE5425IW-AE(S5) with acusense and was hoping to have only humans/vehicles trigger the smart tracking, however in order to do this, I have to use one of the smart event triggers. The problem is that the smart event triggers can only be in certain areas meaning if a human walks just outside of the smart event trigger but perfectly within field of view, the camera will not track. Also, if the camera tracks to a location, then loses target, then finds new target, it will not track the new target because it didn't trigger a smart event.

It's almost like it could do with a checkbox on the "Smart Tracking" menu for "Humans" or Vehicles.
Hi Jami3

In the absence of an informed reply from a forum member with related experience since your initial posting , I will offer my uninformed. zero PTZ experience 'two-penneth' which may well include questions which are not relevant, so apologies in advance.

Just to clarify, I know from your other post that you also want a static camera to trigger a PTZ preset BUT this is not mentioned above so I assume for this particular test that you are experimenting with smart tracking triggered by the PTZ itself.

In the DVS video 'How to set up smart tracking on a Hikvision PTZ using VCA' link that I attached in your other post (PTZ Preset VS Smart Tracking), the CTO demonstrates their preferred smart tracking configuration procedure and from 45 seconds in, using the web browser, he explains.

Under Configuration/Smart Tracking, you will need to UNCHECK the 'Enable Smart Tracking' box BUT you will need to set the Duration and Zoom Ratio before saving and exiting that screen.

At 1min 50sec in, he selects Configuration/Event/Smart Event and selects certain options.

Under 'Area Settings' the VCAs are listed and there are 4 regions available although he only uses one region for his VCA intrusion demonstration.

In his example, he has opted for 2 seconds under 'Threshold' but zero seconds delay should prompt immediate PTZ tracking should anyone enter that defined area if intrusion VCA was selected.

Sensitivity was set to 50 but that is also a trial and error parameter to adjust as necessary.

Finally on that screen is 'Detection Target' in which the drop down offers All, Human, Vehicle.

Under Configuration/Event/Smart Event/Linkage Methods, the Smart Tracking check box requires ticking before saving and testing.

I would be interested to know if the use of adjoining zones surrounding the initially triggered VCA zone has any effect.

Apologies once again if you have already explored this route.

Regards

S

Back