01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7204HUHI-K1 / P strange issues

cmarino3

Hello,
i worked with a bunch of Hikvison dvrs and nvrs in the past, and they're fairly simple to use.
Today I'm going crazy with a "newer" DS-7204HUHI-K1 / P .
It has the latest firmware on.
First of all... I'm used to see the device SN in the main page... Where is it?
That can't be a SN, it's supposed to be 9 to 10 digits...I see at least 40 characters in that field.

hik1.jpg

Question #2:
i tried every possible solution to have the QR created, in order to use it with Hik-Connect, not to avail.
This pace is supposed to create a QR or pop up some window with the QR once the encryption key is chosen, but it simply doesn't work.
I save, nothing happens, no QR shown anywhere.

hik2.jpg

The NVR would be pretty useless this way... I had the idea of forwarding the 8000 port in the router and use a DYN ddns in order to be able to see the DVR in Hik-Connect, of course it works this way but I wanted to use the Hik platform access instead. I need the QR!

Darn it, what am I doing wrong???

Thank you

Hi @cmarino3

Answers are below:

1) The serial number is the final 9 digits of that long serial number, it usually starts with a letter.

2) Modern Hikvision recorders do not create a QR-code when activating Hik-connect from a browser (you only still get this when using a direct monitor). If you are accessing with a browser we recommend that you add the device to Hik-connect using the serial number.

You can do this by logging in to the Hik-Connect web portal (it will be the same login details as the account you use for the mobile app), once logged in click add and enter the DVRs 9 digit serial number, you will then be prompted to enter the encryption key you set on the platform access page, once you have done that the device should be successfully added to the portal and when you close & reopen or refresh the mobile app the device should appear.

Thank you very much.
Solved.
The S/N wasn't in the last 9 digit, but was roughly in the middle (I had to try all the sets of digits preceded by a letter). Found it.
Also I noticed the browser problem (it does shows the QR when accessing it from a monitor rather than a browser).
I'm surprised these little lapses in judgement by HikVision... no S/N CLEARLY visibile, and no QR from a browser (maybe they don't know that most installers don't even set a monitor when installing DVRs).

Back