01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-7208HTHI-K2 and Hik-connect alarm input notifications

Stef

Hello, new user here!
I've just replaced an old HUHI-K1 running the old GUI firmware with a DS-7208HTHI-K2 running the new HVR GUI, to allow 5mp recording with decent FPS.

On the old unit, my wired PIR event notifications were handled perfectly by Hik-connect, giving me live view and playback options.
On this new DVR, running HVR 4.0 V4.25.001 build 201107 (up to date as far as I can tell) the events for wired inputs just display a poor quality thumbnail with no option to playback! I have to note the time/date and go into the dvr playback section on hik-connect and view it that way which is far from ideal.

Is there something I need to change to enable this to work properly? I've been looking at this for a couple of weeks now on/off but nothing I've changed has had an effect.
Hik-connect is up to date too.

Hello, new user here!
I've just replaced an old HUHI-K1 running the old GUI firmware with a DS-7208HTHI-K2 running the new HVR GUI, to allow 5mp recording with decent FPS.

On the old unit, my wired PIR event notifications were handled perfectly by Hik-connect, giving me live view and playback options.
On this new DVR, running HVR 4.0 V4.25.001 build 201107 (up to date as far as I can tell) the events for wired inputs just display a poor quality thumbnail with no option to playback! I have to note the time/date and go into the dvr playback section on hik-connect and view it that way which is far from ideal.

Is there something I need to change to enable this to work properly? I've been looking at this for a couple of weeks now on/off but nothing I've changed has had an effect.
Hik-connect is up to date too.
It does look as though you have the latest version for that DVR already. It also does look likely it's a firmware bug. Some time ago the same issue was present on the I series NVR. For the NVR hard wired inputs, notifications were received on the Hik Connect app, but the live view and playback buttons were missing. At some point a firmware update resolved it and they now work correctly. Unfortunately you're reliant on Hikvision becoming aware of the issue and then releasing an update that resolves it.

It does look as though you have the latest version for that DVR already. It also does look likely it's a firmware bug. Some time ago the same issue was present on the I series NVR. For the NVR hard wired inputs, notifications were received on the Hik Connect app, but the live view and playback buttons were missing. At some point a firmware update resolved it and they now work correctly. Unfortunately you're reliant on Hikvision becoming aware of the issue and then releasing an update that resolves it.
Thank you for the reply! I'll try a factory reset first, if that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to wait for a firmware update

Back