01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7232HQHI-K2 Firmware?

markkittle

I'm having some issues with my DS-7232HQHI-K2 unit.

It is running V3.5.50 build 180124' firmware. This however only enables 2 x IP cameras to be used and I want to run some more (noting that on spec sheets the new firmware should resolve this, adding additional IP camera support)
The DVR says (via IvMS, etc.) reports that it is running the latest firmware, but I know this isn't the case (the file on it is a 2018 one and see running V4 now).

I found the K71 (range for this NVR) latest firmware file on the Hik UK/ Europe site 'DVR-K71_EUROPE-ML_STD_V4.25.000_200925', but the unit isn't accepting this file (unzipped - native digicap.dav, stored on local C on PC, etc. - attempted using IE (not edge), chrome, IVMS, etc.) all with no joy on getting the unit to take the firmware file.

I've read the release notes and there is no mention of interim step, etc. needed. Is there something I have missed? Any suggestions or help would be amazing!

Hi @markkittle

It is not an issue anyone else has reported to us, but we do not work all that lot with DVRs and analog systems.

I would recommend trying an earlier v4 firmware version (v4.20.000) and if that works you can then try upgrading to the latest version.

I would probably try to first update it to the last of the version 3 updates, then the first of the version 4 updates before finally updating to the latest available. Even 3 updates on the same machine won't take long.

As for the firmware check on iVMS and DVR - I've never known that to work, it always reports that you're up to date incorrectly. I wish Hikvision would just remove it as it causes confusion to many.

Awesome thanks both - that has resolved it (interim steps) up.
Definitely would help if there was a simpler repository/ info on the files and yeah, the false reporting definitely provides a problem as opposed to any kind of solution or benefit!

Back