01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7604NI-E1/4P

JohnnyB

My NVR (DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P) experienced an "abnormal shutdown" and needed me to reactivate it. It was originally setup by the previous owner (or maybe a company they hired to install).

I've gotten around to updating firmware, and I can fully log into the NVR, and can see it in through another computer on my network using SADP, iVMS, and by logging into the Hikvision using the IP Address and Google Chrome. The NVR is definitely online and everything seems fine there.

Problem is with the four cameras. I can't access them. From the NVR I see 4 cameras that have IP addresses assigned, camera names and passwords, but they show as "disconnected". Below those appear to be another 4 cameras that can be "added" - if I could remove any of the existing cameras (which I can't seem to do). See below for the screen from my NVR. If I select one of the cameras (D1 through D4) and hit "delete" I get the message "No IP Camera for deletion".

20201201_194939.jpg

I logged into the NVR through Google Chrome and used the Virtual Host to try and access the individual cameras by that route, but clicking on the ip address under "Connect" returns a "refused to connect" message. However I am able to access the cameras to some extent, because the configuration screen through Google Chrome allows me to change the ip addresses and passwords of the cameras, although the cameras are reporting "Offline (User Password Error)" even though I have set them to the same password as the NVR.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

@JohnnyB

I assume if you reactivated the NVR you probably hard reset it and set a new password? If that is the case then it is likely that the camera passwords no longer match the ones they were activated with. (especially as you said you had attempted to change the passwords of the cameras from the NVR, doing this doesn't change the password it is simply where you enter the password already saved to the camera to make its connection to the NVR)

If you do not know the original passwords of the cameras you will have to hard reset each camera and reconnect it to the NVR at which point they should be automatically reactivated with the NVRs new password.

(I can't see the exact camera models you have from the above screenshot but based on the age of the NVR you may have some of the older hikvision camera models which still support the old default passwords - 12345 or 123456 - before resetting the cameras it may be an idea to try these passwords as well)

Dan, you are correct that it appeared to be a hard reset setting a password for the first time etc.

Using the NVR and the admin password I was able to check the box "ip channel password is visible" and got it to display what i assume was the original ip camera passwords and I wrote those down before I changed anything, although they were classified as " weak" passwords.

To clarify, I should be changing the passwords for the cameras in the NVR back to that old "weak password", correct? Do I then have to change the password of the NVR itself to match the cameras, or is that irrelevant?

Hi @JohnnyB

If you have not been able to access the camera settings directly then you will not have changed the cameras passwords and they should still be using the weak passwords you identified previously. If you click modify on one of the camera channels, enter the weak password, and then click ok/save and the camera does not come online or display a live view then your only option will be to hard reset the cameras as something strange has happened to your passwords and you are likely only going to resolve this issue, especially as you are not the original owner, by hard resetting everything and starting from scratch.

So the weak password didn't seem to work, so I disconnected all the cameras, and did a reset on the one that I could access the easiest (figure I will get it working with one, then repeat the process on the rest). I unplugged it (PoE) held the reset button, plugged it back in while holding the reset button for 20 seconds.

After fiddling with it (the NVR interface is not very intuitive to me) I managed to activate the camera, and get the image to display. Now to do the same for the other three cameras.

Thanks for your help Dan! Much appreciated.

Reactions: Dan
Back