01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware ds-7604ni-k1/4p firmware update

Geordie564

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have the DS-7604NI-K14P (B)

Current firmware is V3.4.100

I'm having problems with the NVR randomly rebooting after a motion is triggered.

Does anyone have the link to the latest firmware update for my NVR?

Hopefully this will solve the problem?

Hi @Geordie564

You will find all the firmware versions for your NVR here - DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)

As you can see from the list of firmware versions, you are quite a few versions behind and so we would recommend to avoid any issues you should first update to the first v4 firmware (v4.30.000) and then upgrade to the latest v4 firmware (v4.30.085).

I've just tried it, failed.

Plugged the USB in, clicked upgrade, clicked on the file, it said it will reboot which it did. When it came back on it is still showing the old firmware V3.4.100

I unzipped the file, what do you mean by update it with the digital.dav file?

I can't access through a browser.

When you unzip the file it should reveal a digicap.dav firmware file like the one below:

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 16.24.40.png

Ok, when updating via the USB are you making sure to use the 31.5MB file? sometimes there is a ghost file that is much smaller and that won't work.

If you are sure you are loading the correct file then you may need to try an older firmware first - v3.4.112 - then go to v4.30.000 before updating to the latest version.

Thanks, I'm useless at this
I've got to go to work now so I'll try this tomorrow.

Do you think the outdated firmware is what's causing the random rebooting issue?

No worries, it is most likely the firmware.

If it was only 1 or 2 versions behind I would be less sure but you are actually 11 versions behind and running firmware that old can cause many issues.

Thanks, so when I can get the first upgrade on will I need to upgrade each one individually or will I just go straight to the latest one?

If upgrading to v3.4.112 works, then you should be fine to go to v4.30.000, and then if that installs ok you should be ok to jump to the latest v4.30.085 firmware.

i too have the same model just the 8p DS-7608NI-K1 8P (B)

im on firmware 3.4.112 i find its a lil better then the version 4 software
i also get random reboots and cant seem to find out why it does it

if you go all the way to version 4 can you tell me if you can get the play from usb drive working i could not find it at all not found any wheres
as i export alot of stuff to the external usb and leave it connected when i go to play back stuff i goto play usb and the files are all there
i can not find any such option on version 4

also i noticed that i am not able to do group drives i have one inside i know it only holds one drive but there is nas drives and i still get get group recording towork

I've finally managed to install V.3.4.112, I was just about to install the first Version 4 but should I hold back?

Last edited:
Back