01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7604NI web interface - Where does it save video or images too?

devs

Hi all, I wondered if you could help me. I've just had my house broken into for car keys and the police are asking to see the footage. Where does the online web viewer download the footage too?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks.

Hi,

If you navigate to Configuration > Local in the web access, you'll be able to see and choose where the files are saved to on your PC.

Typically, it's in C:\Users\username\Web\ but it's worth checking.

Kieran, thats great thanks for the help. I trust that the files found in these folders are the RAW files and not resized / compressed? IE. theres not a better quality version accessible elsewhere? Thanks, Devs.

To the best of my knowledge, it is the raw file extracted uncompressed directly from the hard drive.

I've just exported some of our footage and couldn't see a noticeable amount of compression.

Thats what I thought Kieran. The theft took place at night and the faces are very visible. So just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks again, you've been a great help!

Kieran, just one last question as I would really like to find these people on the CCTV. I believe that they must have been looking at my house during the days before the break in. I have motion detection set on the particular camera and wondered if it would be possible to review only triggered alarm footage? If not is there a way to quickly scroll / scrub through footage as I've just be watching at 8x speed and feel there must be an easer way to review.
Many thanks.

Hi devs,

Yes, there is, but not via the web browser currently - you'd need to connect locally to the NVR or use iVMS 4200.

In iVMS 4200, access the Remote Playback window, select the camera you want to review footage from and click the Event Playback button. From here you'll be able to set a date and time for iVMS to search for motion detection within your recordings and view only those. It might take a minute or two to search, depending on how long the recording period you selected is.

The NVR also allows you to search by Event Search in the Playback window (dropdown menu in the top-left) but you could also use Smart Search for the same function. Select the spanner button whilst you're playing back footage and you can choose to skip non-relevant events (non-motion detection).

As always Kieran, great knowledge and thanks for the help. I will take a look over footage and hopefully get a result.

Much appreciated Devs, best of luck with identifying them!

Back