01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608IN-I2/8P browser playback failed no picture.

bellybuster

I am using Windows 7 64bit.

I want to use a browser to setup and change settings on the Hikvision DS-7608IN-I2/8P.

I have tried Safari V5.1.4. Explorer V11. Google Chrome V76, V44, V40 and V36. All with the same outcome.

I can see the live video but I cannot see the playback thumbnails or video playback. It's just blank and when I click play it says, playback failed. This happens on all the browsers listed that I have tried so far.

Anyone else had this problem and how do I solve it?

Thanks

What firmware version are you running on your NVR and cameras please?

Have you tried using the Internet Explorer browser?
Not Edge.

You can also use the IEtab extension for Google's Chrome browser if you prefer.
It emulates Internet Explorer within Chrome.

You can also use the IEtab extension for Google's Chrome browser if you prefer.
It emulates Internet Explorer within Chrome.

I've just tried the IEtab extension with the same outcome.

What is Explorer Edge and how do I know if that is what I'm using?

Edge is Microsoft's newer browser, intended to replace Internet Explorer.
Both use a blue e as their icon.

The one you need - Internet Explorer - has a gold flash over the e - the icon on the left here:

Try running it as an administrator:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

If you still experience problems, they may be due to Windows & Internet Security e.g. you might need to set the camera/NVR's IP address as a trusted site.
I don't think we have ever published those solutions here within our forum (we may have) - best try Googling for the setup edits you might need with W7.

Try running it as an administrator:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

If you still experience problems, they may be due to Windows & Internet Security e.g. you might need to set the camera/NVR's IP address as a trusted site.
I don't think we have ever published those solutions here within our forum (we may have) - best try Googling for the setup edits you might need with W7.

Spent a few hours on this and nothing worked for me and I was just about to give up when I came across a link to the latest portable version called Google Chrome Portable. This runs from its own exe from its own folder. (No install needed and it works 100%) for me.

If anyone has the same problem, download Google Chrome Portable but do not download and use the plug-in.

I tried without the plug-in and it worked. I then installed the plug-in and it wouldn't work. So I uninstalled the plug-in and it worked again.

Happy days. Problem solved.

Thank you very much Phil for all your advice and support with this. Hopefully this will help someone else out with the same problem.

Back