01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-E2/8P Can I just swap-out my old (poss faulty) Hard Drive, or will it need configuring as a new install ?

barnesy1977

Hi all,

My first post, so please bear with me (previously I've found all answers on the forum without posting).

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P. Yesterday I noticed it was randomly beeping. I've checked all cables and turned it off/on etc but to no avail. It is streaming CCTV ok, but there are no recordings from yesterday, and it won't record now either. From looking at other posts it seems the Hard Drive may have corrupt. I've just ordered another one, but does anyone know is it a case of just swapping them out, or will I need to install all the cameras/passwords/settings again like a fresh install ?

Another thought, is if I can read the data from the old HDD, are there any files I can copy across to the new one that will save all the previous settings/configuration ?

For info:
The old hard drive was a Seagate Surveillance HDD 4TB, ST4000VX000
The new one is a Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance HDD 4TB ST4000VX007

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
David

Solution
Hi @barnesy1977

There should be no issue swapping the HDD, simply switch the NVR off, switch the HDDs over, turn the NVR back on, and then in the storage menu you will need to format the new HDD for it to start recording.

You don't need to worry about carrying files over from the old HDD to maintain configuration, the NVR has a small amount of built-in storage that holds onto the NVR settings and configuration.
Hi @barnesy1977

There should be no issue swapping the HDD, simply switch the NVR off, switch the HDDs over, turn the NVR back on, and then in the storage menu you will need to format the new HDD for it to start recording.

You don't need to worry about carrying files over from the old HDD to maintain configuration, the NVR has a small amount of built-in storage that holds onto the NVR settings and configuration.

Upvote 0
Solution
I thought I'd better update my firmware whilst I'm at it. My current one is shown on the attachment. Do you know if I can jump straight to the latest, or if I should update it in stages ? The latest looks like it's 3.4.98 (my current is 3.3.2 build 151123)

Any ideas ? I've attached my current version on a screenshot.

thanks agin

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0
Hi @barnesy1977

We are confused, earlier you said you had a 7608 E-series NVR, but the screenshot above is for an analog 7208HGH DVR. Which do you actually have?

Where did you find the v3.4.98 firmware?

Upvote 0
Ah yes, I hadn't spotted that. I based the model on what the quotation was for when I had it installed. On looking at the unit itself, you're right, it's a DS-7208HGHI-SH - which I'm guessing is a lower system than the one I thought it was. So sorry about that - not like me to assume things at all.

Upvote 0
Hi @barnesy1977

Are you based in the USA? I was struggling to find firmware or any reference to this old DVR model on the Hikvision UK/EU sites, but when I googled the model I saw references to Hikvision USA and when I searched for the model on the American site I found this discontinued product page. Unfortunately, there is no reference to the latest firmware version, I think maybe due to the age of the model (online I saw references to people using this model as far back as 2015) they may have stopped publishing the firmware online and so you may need to contact your original seller or Hikvision USA support directly to get access to the firmware.

Upvote 0
Back