01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P GUI options missing after v4 FW update

grantsmith82

I today upgraded the FW on my NVR it was on V3.3.7 build 151102.
its now on V4.21.008 build 290625
for the life of me I cannot find on the interface (using the NVR GUI on a TV - not the web interface) the options to edit the camras (video/audio) eg resolution, frame, rate bit type etc.. I googled a pdf manual and it says click on camea> Display.. etc.. but I don't have those options??

is my NVR to old for v4+ ? as it was on the hikvision site as compatable?
(note I can still edit these from the nvr gui in IE11.)

help!

Some menus have moved in the new v4.0 GUI but you should still be able to access the video settings by going to Camera > Video Parameters and there you can adjust the video settings of both the main and substream for all your cameras.

I had no options under "camera" option at all. also when I was using IVMS4200 and went into the management - remote access menu. half of the nvr setting were not showing up ( see post NVR Remote access on IVMS-4200 on windows) downgrading to the last ver3 fixed it.. so not sure if there is a significant upgrade on v4 to try again?

I had no options under "camera" option at all. also when I was using IVMS4200 and went into the management - remote access menu. half of the nvr setting were not showing up ( see post NVR Remote access on IVMS-4200 on windows) downgrading to the last ver3 fixed it.. so not sure if there is a significant upgrade on v4 to try again?

That's very strange, we have had no other reports from customers using any I-series NVR of problems with the 4.0 GUI, Below is a photo of what you should see in the 'Camera' menu.

The only thing I can think that may have caused the problem is if initially updated in one jump from v3.3.7 all the way to v4.21.008, that is a jump of 28 firmware versions. We usually say that jumping several firmware versions won't cause a problem, but when we say that we mean jumping 2-3 versions. If you jump too many versions at once you can miss out key updates and this can cause glitches as you saw with the 4.0 GUI.

We would recommend to you first update to an earlier v4 firmware (v4.1.10) and then update to the latest v4.21.008 version from that early v4 firmware. You can find all the firmware files at the Hikvision Download Portal

That's very strange, we have had no other reports from customers using any I-series NVR of problems with the 4.0 GUI, Below is a photo of what you should see in the 'Camera' menu.

The only thing I can think that may have caused the problem is if initially updated in one jump from v3.3.7 all the way to v4.21.008, that is a jump of 28 firmware versions. We usually say that jumping several firmware versions won't cause a problem, but when we say that we mean jumping 2-3 versions. If you jump too many versions at once you can miss out key updates and this can cause glitches as you saw with the 4.0 GUI.

We would recommend to you first update to an earlier v4 firmware (v4.1.10) and then update to the latest v4.21.008 version from that early v4 firmware. You can find all the firmware files at the Hikvision Download Portal

I did have a problem after a firmware update once, but it was resolved by clearing the cache in the browser

I did have a problem after a firmware update once, but it was resolved by clearing the cache in the browser
If things don't look as you expect.
If others say that they see something different.
Then, refreshing the browser would be my first thought ~ Ctrl+F5

Others have mentioned something similar. After upgrading to v4.xx (from a much earlier firmware) there may be a corruption of the admin account. The limited functionality is present in the local GUI but not the webGUI. A full factory reset after the upgrade was required to resolve the issue. I stand corrected - I believe it was @malford that posted on this.

Back