01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7608NI-I2 firmware upgrade?

If you go to the Configuration menu for the NVR can you see the local menu at the top of the list on the left-hand side? If you do can you share a screenshot of your local menu?

I'm at work at the moment. I will screenshot later and post up if OK.

Reactions: Dan
This 1?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-191907_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-191907_Gallery.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 125
Hi @Vauxfan

I've taken a look myself on an I-Series NVR and it looks as though the local menu is missing in the modern browsers on the latest firmware.

To access this (an enter the encryption key), you will need to log into the NVR in Microsoft Edge, and then run this internet explorer mode, which this video shows you how to do:

You should then see the Local menu like in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-29 110025.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-29 110025.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 124
That didn't work. It was already set to alloy and opens in Internet explorer. The picture is still blank. The picture is fine through the online camera accessed from the nvr though.

It used to work. But the camera page was blank. Then the cameras could be viewed and the nvr was then blank. It's like the camera won't let the nvr see the image. It's all fine on the nvr local though and my app is fine.

You're not clicking "leave" here, are you? It will cancel IE mode:

1635767761022.png

It looks like you have IE installed already from your earlier screenshot - do you have the "local" menu available if you log into it here?

You could also try disabling stream encryption on the NVR locally too:
You can only disable the stream encryption in Platform Access on the NVR's local GUI via a directly connected monitor in:

System Network Advanced Platform Access

This 1?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-192728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-192728_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
That's the one. You'll need to enter the encryption key and then click save on that page to view the cameras.

You can get this by going to:

Configuration Network Advanced Settings Platform Access

Clicking the small eye button in the "Stream Encryption/Encryption Key" box will show you what this is.

Lol. Yeah. That's when it has a pop up encryption.
It sounds like you have the Stream Encryption enabled on the NVR. Have you tried switching it off in the Platform Access settings as described previously and shown below:
Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 19.43.49.png

Back