01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-I2 Questions

ardsar

I recently purchased the DS-7608NI-I2 and have a question regarding pre-recording. I have set this to 10 seconds on an event, but when playing back the recorded video, it is clear that it has not pre-recorded anything. The post record interval works fine.

I am using event detection rather than motion so that i can use the intrusion and line crossing detection (in addition to motion).

Any Ideas?

Also, because of this issue i tried to update to the latest firmware 3.4.2 found here :-
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/76 77 96 NI-I/

However this caused issues when selecting the Resolution for the cameras - in the drop down menu %value% appears rather than the options for resolution. For this reason i flashed the previous 3.3.9 version and this is ok. Did i do something wrong?

Many thanks

Andy.

Update:
I upgraded back to 3.4.2 and then reset the DVR and all the cameras and started from fresh. This time, i set the DVR up through its interface (HDMI) rather than through the web page which allowed me to setup the camera resolution (still not working through the web interface). 3.4.2 offers some nice features such as pattern unlock and more playback features including thumbnail view.

I have re set up the motion sensing using both basic and smart intrusion detection. I've set the record to event rather than motion - not sure if this is the best option. If i set it to motion, the smart events are marked on the recordings however there are a few that are not recorded because the motion sensing has not triggered. If i set to record on event, it will record both motion and smart events.

I still have an issue with setting pre-record interval. It does not seem to work.

I'm new to hikvision DVR's so any advice would be greatly received.

Hi,

What browser are you currently using when connecting to the web access? If you've updated the firmware, I'd suggest you clear that browser's cache as v3.4.2 made changes to the web GUI - I had to do so myself to be able to see the new features and resolve the %value% resolution issue. I'm using Firefox, but Internet Explorer should also work fine.

If you're just using motion detection, you'd only need to record on motion in the schedule settings, but if you're also going to be using line-crossing and intrusion detection, you'd set it to event recording.

The pre-record issue is quite unusual. Could you try increasing it to a larger value on the NVRs web interface (not the camera's interface) using Firefox, say 30s for example.

I've tried setting pre record to 20 and 30 seconds. It doesn't seem to change anything.

Kieran - have you also tried playing with the UPnP settings - these also do not work. My Netgear router has not configured any of the ports with UPnP enabled. If i change from auto to manual to allocate different external ports, the changes appear to save but go back to default if navigate away and back to the page. Do you see the same?

Also several times, the DVR has rebooted when accessing from iVMS-4500, during playback.

Update. Changing the port configuration under UPNP only works from the DVR menu and not via Web access. However net gear router does not configure the port forwarding - had to manually enter them

Last edited:
Any tips on how to fault find abnormal shutdowns. Log doesn't give any clues!

Is UPNP enabled in your router? Very unusual that you're experiencing issues regarding UPNP as the ports tend to only be reconfigured when the device power cycles.

With regards to troubleshooting, not that I'm aware of I'm afraid, the log is quite brief as you say. If you can isolate what causes the shutdown, that's very useful. Navigating to a certain menu, trying to accomplish a certain function etc.

How many cameras are you currently running on the NVR, and do you know the idle bandwidth (Maintenance > Net Detect > Network Stat.)? It might be worth reducing the load on the NVR by reducing the number of cameras or the bandwidth used by each camera for a testing period, and then trying to recreate a shutdown.

Otherwise, it is Hikvision's recommendation that you factory default a device after updating the firmware. If you haven't, I'd suggest you do this too, just to rule out any configuration issues that might be throwing a spanner in the works.

It is unfortunately a little like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but it's definitely fixable.

I'm still unable to see the pre-record working, I have set this to 30 secs, and all video clips still start with the first motion detected. Does anyone have this working correctly?

Back