01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2/8P - adding IP camera using POE switch - need firmware update and how?

TheShadowRO

I connect 5 IP camera (each IP cam with manual defined ip adress, user, password etc) to a hickvision POE switch on a building
Now the NVR DS-7608NI-K2/8P is set on a different building where the internet router is.
My wish is to add those 5 IP cameras to the NVR:
1. when i setup and connect the switch to LAN router where NVR is also connected (changing IP to be in same class etc) - i can acces each camera, the NVR see all 5 cameras on the add list but can't add, it say "IP limit reached".
2. when i connect the switch directly to the NVR - it random connect only one IP camera.

I just see on youtube how firmware 4.1 for I series allow to add IP camera using a POE switch connected to the NVR ( that is great !!!)

So my question is : i need to update the DS-7608NI-K2/8P firmware to do the same (right now is imposible to check the existing firmware in the unit) ?
If so is safe to update directly to latest firmare i found available: v4.21.005_190509 , or i need to update older firmware first ? because there is no text files to explain this big question.

THX !

Well Done.
Sorry we didn't get back to you - we got slightly whelmed in the run-up to Christmas (x2 new staff starting in January :) )

Back