01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P cloud and email config

Amir_init

Hi All
newbie on here and recently had an IP CCTV camera system installed, I work in IT and should have really done it myself but did not have all the tools. i.e ladders, crimping tool, cables, etc

I know the NVR cloud option has been discussed early last year (Uploading Event Captures to Dropbox from DS-7608NI-I2/8P) but was wondering if anyone has heard anymore more on when Hikvison will be going live with this. I have emailed Hikvision technical support just waiting for a reply.

My other question is how do you setup emails, does any have any links or tutorials I can see to set emails for motion detection alerts ?

My NVR is DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P with a 1TB hard drive and is on V4.30.011 build 20080, I have checked and that is the latest version
I have 5 IP cameras installed which are all DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColourVu Fixed Turret.

Apologies if I am sounding a bit dumb but I am a newbie to the CCTV world, my expertise is Microsoft operating systems (not servers)

Hi @Amir_init

We don't know any more than you do about the NVR cloud option, I'm afraid. Let us know what Hikvision tell you :)

We have a section on setting up email alerts here on event triggers here:

You can also set up push notifications to be sent to the Hik-Connect app once your NVR is added to it by checking the 'Notify Surveillance Centre' box on the 'Linkage Method' page in the event's settings.

Upvote 0
Hi @Amir_init

We don't know any more than you do about the NVR cloud option, I'm afraid. Let us know what Hikvision tell you :)

We have a section on setting up email alerts here on event triggers here:

You can also set up push notifications to be sent to the Hik-Connect app once your NVR is added to it by checking the 'Notify Surveillance Centre' box on the 'Linkage Method' page in the event's settings.
Thanks Kyle, Thats very helpful I will take a look at the email setup, I have already setup the notification to surveillance centre and it does work to the app.

Hikvison tell me that this option is coming out this year quarter 1, initially they would not talk to me as I am not a trader but I did question the fact why they have option to enable cloud 2 protocol but yet this cannot be configured to dropbox, google, etc. If I hear anymore I will let you know.

Upvote 0
Thanks Kyle, Thats very helpful I will take a look at the email setup, I have already setup the notification to surveillance centre and it does work to the app.

Hikvison tell me that this option is coming out this year quarter 1, initially they would not talk to me as I am not a trader but I did question the fact why they have option to enable cloud 2 protocol but yet this cannot be configured to dropbox, google, etc. If I hear anymore I will let you know.
Ok update, Hikvision now stating cloud 2 option only available to use in China, I questioned why they are selling NVR's outside china if the cloud 2 function cannot be used, could not answer, currently in dispute with my supplier/fitter that they have sold me something with a function that can only be used in China, Supplier has offered to fit non hikviosn NVR compatible with my cameras, but I have to pay cost for new NVR which I am not willing to , I am arguing it should be covered under warranty as it only been a few months, the quest continues.......

Upvote 0
Back