• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

DS-7608NI-K2/8P is slow during playback

MarkRennie

Thread starter #1
I have the DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P and several 265+ cameras but playback via the 7608NI-K2 is dreadfully slow or doesn't work at all.. So I am wondering if the hardware of the 7608NI-I2/8P is better and if play back is any faster? i.e. on the K2, when playback does work.. if I try to speed it up, it doesn't and more often than not is in constant x0.5 even though I pushed it up to 4..

thoughts please?

Cheers
Mark

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @MarkRennie

Could you explain how your setup looks (how cameras are connected to the network, how many, which models they are , what you're viewing the camera feeds on etc.)
Could you also attach a screenshot of your NVRs network statistics, showing the bandwidth usage, and screenshots of the individual camera settings please?

Which hard drive are you using in the NVR?
Does lowering the frame rate on the cameras make a difference?

I suspect the bandwidth limitations on the NVR might be causing the issue, the max incoming bandwidth yours can support is 80Mbps. The -I series model also has a max of 80Mbps, so won't offer any improvement in that respect.