01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2/8P is slow during playback

MarkRennie

I have the DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P and several 265+ cameras but playback via the 7608NI-K2 is dreadfully slow or doesn't work at all.. So I am wondering if the hardware of the 7608NI-I2/8P is better and if play back is any faster? i.e. on the K2, when playback does work.. if I try to speed it up, it doesn't and more often than not is in constant x0.5 even though I pushed it up to 4..

thoughts please?

Cheers
Mark

Hi @MarkRennie

Could you explain how your setup looks (how cameras are connected to the network, how many, which models they are , what you're viewing the camera feeds on etc.)
Could you also attach a screenshot of your NVRs network statistics, showing the bandwidth usage, and screenshots of the individual camera settings please?

Which hard drive are you using in the NVR?
Does lowering the frame rate on the cameras make a difference?

I suspect the bandwidth limitations on the NVR might be causing the issue, the max incoming bandwidth yours can support is 80Mbps. The -I series model also has a max of 80Mbps, so won't offer any improvement in that respect.

Hi @MarkRennie & @Kyle,

I was going to create a new topic as I have been facing the same issue, but then I came across this discussion, hence I decided to reply and describe my problem so maybe we can help each other...

I am a CCTV installer and we have installed recently DS-7216HUHI-K2 HVR, which currently works with around 10 analog and 5 IP cameras. The live view works pretty fine, regardless of the type of camera or video configuration(resolution, bitrate, fps, etc). The problem starts when we want to access the remote playback for the IP cameras. (Local playback works always very good, for all type of cameras). I have tried literally everything which could come to my mind, changing the resolution, frame rate, fps, toggling between VBS and CBS, switching between H264, H264+, H265 etc, but doesn't matter how I amend the video settings, the HIK-Connect will never let me to have a smooth playback on the IP cameras. The playback is very laggy, the time is not progressing, and it only affects the IP cameras, which is really weird.

I have done the speedtest, whilst connected to the same switch where the IP cameras are, and I am getting around 30 download and 20 upload, which maybe is not the best, but it should be still enough. The IP cameras which are used are(The firmware hase been updated on all of them recentlty) :

3x Hikvision-5MP-DS-2CD2752F-IS
2x H.VIEW HV-500E6

The only two things, which I am concerned are the stream encryption, which might be worth to disable, although if this was the problem I would be probably experiencing the same issues with the analogue cameras on the remote playback. I am also wondering if the type of hard drives which are currently used, could have the impact on the quality. These hard drives are not really a CCTV hard drives, just a normal PC HDDs, which ideally should have been replaced with more dedicated ones, such as WD Purple, etc, but again if the analogue cameras are not suffering from any issues it shouldn't be a problem.

I think I should mention something about the network topology of this system. The DVR connects directly to the BT router and there is a 16 Port Gigabit Netgear PoE swtich which also connects directly to the BT router, and all IP cameras connect to this switch.

The interesting fact is that a few days ago I installed another CCTV system which is using an NVR instead but also the same H.VIEW cameras and it works amazingly well, in fact I didn't really need to change any video settings to achieve a smooth remote playback...

Thank you for your help in advance and I am looking forward to answer any questions, should you have any.

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
Hi again, does anyone have any ideas ? I have disabled the stream encryption and also changed the hard drives for WD Purple, but this still doesn't resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

It is not particularly helpful for you now, but I have always guided people NOT to use hybrid recorders :(

It is not particularly helpful for you now, but I have always guided people NOT to use hybrid recorders :(
I was almost thinking to give up this DVR, but it looks like that I have finally found the resolution to this nigthmare, which was literally ongoing for around a year! Below is what I've done:

I disabled the UPnP on DVR, assigned a static private IP address, then forwarded all necessary ports on a BT router(The broadband has a static public IP address). So bascially instead of using the Hikvision Cloud, I have decided to go via the public IP + port forwarding. I literally didn't need to change any more settings either on the DVR or the cameras, and all of the sudden everything started working so smooth. The remote live view has much more better audio and the remote playback is smooth, there is nothing to complain about so far. I have been testing a connection via the public IP for last couple days, and if everything stays stable, I'll increase the video quality of the cameras, but I think this shouldn't be problematic at all!

All in all still don't understand why this issue was only affecting the IP cameras, probably I will never know, although have a feeling that this is now all sorted..

Anyways, thank you All for your ideas and I will update you in next week or two, after I have done more testing and increased the quality of the video stream.

Cheers,

Mike

Back