01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P] Issue with playback of recorded Live View files (SOLVED)

kenzo33

Hi

I am having issues with VLC playing back footage I've recorded from live view in the web portal. The record function shows that it is working and on stopping, it confirms that it has saved the file, however, on opening the file, I can see the time line moving along, but there is no picture.

VLC 3.0.11
Please see the attached image for my encoding settings

The file plays, but nothing shows on VLC (see photo)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 164
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 165
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
@kenzo33 it could a lack of processing power. try lowering the camera frame rate to 10 and try again with another clip from the web gui.

@kenzo33 it could a lack of processing power. try lowering the camera frame rate to 10 and try again with another clip from the web gui.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I switched video quality to medium, FPS 10 and switched of H.265+....It still doesn't work for some reason.

EDIT - If I use virtual host to access the cameras individually and record from the cam IP address, playback of recorded files seem to work. I wonder why it won't let me record live view from the NVR :oops:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
@kenzo33 Have you tried using Hikvision VSplayer? HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Using VLC (Mac) and VSPlayer (windows 10) I can playback recorded live view files, we'll figure this out.

Good idea. I tried VSPlayer but get the following error (see attachment) when downloading directly in NVR web portal using IE

EDIT - it works if i click on the file in the left corner and enter the encryption key. Is there any way to bypass this and just play the file on VLC?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Back