01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7608NI-Q2/8P how do i upgrade the firmware to GUI4.0?

gums

The current firmware doesn't give me access to use my acusense cameras what can i do to correct this?

Hi @gums

What firmware version is your NVR currently running?

The latest version is v4.30.085 which should include 4.0 GUI (or the lite version of it which is used by the K-series NVR)

If you are running a v3.xx.xxx firmware then I would recommend you update to the first v4 firmware first (v4.30.000) before then updating to the latest v4 firmware, if you are already running a v4 firmware then you can just update straight to the latest.

Thanks for the quick response. I am using the latest version but I don`t have it in GUI 4.0 likewise I can't activate the audible warning and flashlight in my acusense camera. The top write-up is NVR instead of "NVR 4.0" what can I do to resolve this?

Hi @gums

The Q-series NVRs are only available in mainland Europe and we are a UK company so we have had no hands-on experience with these models, but from looking at the specs I believe these Q-series models are similar spec to the K-series models which we have in the UK and these do not support the full 4.0 GUI and thus also have issues managing all the AcuSense/ColorVu functionality.

I think it is likely the case that you will not be able to update the Q-series NVR to the full 4.0 GUI (which as far as we are aware is only available for the I-series NVRs) and thus you won't have full control of those AcuSense cameras with a Q-series NVR.

The only way to possibly access these camera-specific features would be to log in to the NVR with a browser, enable Virtual Host, and then log directly into each camera to adjust their settings.

Thanks, very much for your assistance I will work with the virtual host if there is anything else I will definitely get back to you

Reactions: Dan
Thanks, @Dan I have the virtual host on the Q series but it shows as "join" instead of Connect and all the cameras are in plug and play mode how do I change it so I can assign IP numbers to them individually.

Hi @gums

We've never heard of the 'join' feature you describe, can you please send a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks, @Dan I have the virtual host on the Q series but it shows as "join" instead of Connect and all the cameras are in plug and play mode how do I change it so I can assign IP numbers to them individually.
Thanks for the response I have to get to the nvr at my dad’s end to be able to send you the details you asked for. Please with the k series nvr would I be able to connect and access the acusense camera audible warning and flashlight activated?

With the K-series NVR, you should be able to use Virtual Host to access any camera-specific settings like audible warning & flashlight that cannot be fully accessed from the NVR settings.

Thank for the update but, when i do the changes in for K series in the virtual host will it reflect on the monitor in terms of the live feed and the hiK-connect app also?

Potentially it will, but we still recommend if you want the best support for AcuSense/ColorVu cameras you should use an I-series NVR.

Thanks, I am not getting the I series where I am the ones available to me is what am asking question on. On the other hand it there i a way i can get the I series i would be greteful.

sorry I mean am not getting the I series where I am but if there is a way I can get the I series I would be more than grateful to purchase it thanks

Where in the world are you buying from? Are you based in mainland Europe?

Ok, I'm not sure of the availability of the I-series in your region. The K-series does not offer the same support as the I-series for the latest AcuSense/ColorVu models and although you shouldn't have an issue controlling the settings for audible warning & flashing light from the camera settings you may have less control from the NVR menus and features like the human/vehicle filtering may not be fully supported. Basically K-series we do not recommend AcuSense/ColorVu cameras if you want to get the full value out of them and we would instead recommend sticking to basic EsayIP 2.0+ (2xx3G0) and EasyIP 3.0 (2xx5FWD/2xx5G1) camera models, if you absolutely have to use those AcuSense/ColorVu functions then we recommend sourcing an I-series NVR from somewhere.

(a quick look at the Hikvision Africa website has them listing I-series models like the DS-7608NI-I2/8P so you should be able to find a security supplier/installer in your region that can supply these)

Back