01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-SE/P Suddenly "no resource" on main view but feed is there and is recording

daneboomerang

I'm sure I've had this once before, but that was when I tried to add an additional camera. This time it's just appeared out of nowhere. Any ideas how to resolve?

The feed is working (if you doubleclick on "no resource" the camera feed appears, and it's recording as you can check from "playback" - it's just in the 5+1 view it's not working but IT WAS and I haven't changed any settings...

many thanks

When you're on the 5+1 screen - you might have inadvertently changed one of the sub streams to a main stream. If you have lots of big megapixel cameras - and it tries to show all the main streams on a split screen - it gets overloaded and shows no resource. If you switch the least used cameras over to sub stream (hover over the bottom half of the window in each camera) you'll likely find your pictures all show again. Once you go full screen on one camera - the main stream is usually the default.

I'm sure I've had this once before, but that was when I tried to add an additional camera. This time it's just appeared out of nowhere. Any ideas how to resolve?

The feed is working (if you doubleclick on "no resource" the camera feed appears, and it's recording as you can check from "playback" - it's just in the 5+1 view it's not working but IT WAS and I haven't changed any settings...

many thanks
Exactly as @cymruchris has detailed. One way to ensure it doesn't happen. This is something that works on your NVR model but will not on the newer ones (mores the pity).

Go to the Live View screen setup in the menu and you can set up the stream that will be used on the display for each camera in that 5 + 1 view. You can set Main Stream, Sub Stream or Auto. For best results set the +1 image to main. Set the 5 smaller images to Auto. That will ensure the larger image on screen is always in the best quality and that when you double click one of the 5 smaller images to bring it full screen it will switch to the Main Stream, switching back to the sub stream when you return to the 5 + 1 view. I wish they'd bring that feature back on the new machines as it's quite a handy feature.

Back