01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NXI-I2 / 4S SMTP and latest firmware version?

thisishard

Hello,

I am trying to setup Email notifications in my DS-7608NXI-I2 / 4S NVR and what ever I try does not seem to work on a known working email server. I also investigated that the firmware version might be the issue. My current firmware is V4.1.18 build 200120. My main question is, is there a more recent version of that firmware that works with this NVR ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @thisishard

The latest firmware for that AcuSense NVR model would appear to be the version you are already running - v4.1.18

In regards to the email setup, have you tried following this forum guide we created?

It is quite old now, but the principles for setting up email notification should still be very similar.

I'll check it out. Thanks. I got another quick question: is there a NVR model or series that has Live View that works on chrome or firefox without any component installation at this time (so that it works on a linux desktop) ? I am considering upgrading that NVR and I would love a recommendation. Thank you.

As far as we are aware the model you have is one of the most up-to-date NVR models Hikvision offers and should offer modern browser support. (e.g. Chrome/Firefox)

It may actually be that accessing the NVR with LinuxOS is the issue, we have accessed the same NVR models here in our office on both Windows and MacOS, accessing with Chrome on Windows is much smoother than on Mac with some features/menus actually missing from the MacOS Chrome access. Browser access may actually be worse for a LinuxOS system because Hikvision does not offer any Linux compatible software/plug-ins.

Well, the NVR web page does work and I can configure stuff through it. Live view does not work on Chrome or Firefox on Linux or Windows and I havent tried going the IE + plugin to make this work since Windows is not the OS I use regularly. So are you saying that Live View should work for this NVR model without an installation of a plugin ? Have I understood that correctly ?

I would expect this NVR model to work in Chrome simply because the lower-spec I-series NVRs (DS-76xxNI-I2 & DS-77xxNI-I4) do work in Chrom from our testing, we have never been hands-on with these newer AcuSense NVRs but we would have assumed that all models above the I-series would offer the same browser support. Unfortunately, it would appear that with Hikvision it is not that simple.

I did find in the firmware download portal that there is firmware for 2 newer hardware versions of the AcuSense NVR you have, a (B) range and (C) range of NVRs, maybe with the newer firmware these models support they have introduced better browser support.

And flashing a more recent version of the firmware from the B or C ranges work on my NVR (which as far as I can tell is not a B nor a C) ?

Probably not, you can try it but either the firmware update will fail or if it does install it may introduce glitches and missing features/menus as the firmware tries to introduces features/settings not supported by the hardware of your non-(B)/non-(C) model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @alepalin

The v4.1.18 firmware linked above is still the latest version available for the I2/4S AcuSense NVR, straight after the vulnerability announcement there was a dump of patch firmware for a whole range of products and then over time, the releases have become less and less. Hikvision support doesn't really tell us anything in any great detail about the exact models that are impacted by this vulnerability so all I can say is keep the device on the latest firmware and keep checking back in the firmware folder for any new releases.

Back