01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7616NI-I2-16P versions

bob bear

Hi, Please excuse me if this has been answered before, I searched for it but couldn't find anything.

I'm looking for a 16 channel Hikvision NVR.

I notice that the DS-7616NI-I2-16P comes in two versions, one with POE capability (-16P suffix) and 16 POE ports on the rear and one without POE capability (no -16P suffix) and just a gigabit network port on the rear.

I combine all my Hikvision network cameras externally at a central point using POE switches, so don't use the NVR POE ports and the none-POE version (DS-7616NI-I2) offers significant cost savings as you'd expect.

My question is, apart from not having POE capability and no POE ports, does anyone know if there any other undocumented limitations or differences between the two that I should be aware of?
Thanks in advance,
Bob

I'm not aware of any limitations between the two. The embedded NVR will have details of the PoE ports and their consumption. It might be worth noting the PoE switch you connect the NVR to is a gigabit capable port.

Thanks for the info. All my switches are gigabit POE switches to avoid any bottlenecks as far as possible. It was neater to terminate 16 cameras in a more convenient area away from the NVR which is located in a living area and bring a single gigabit network cable, (as short as possible), from the switches to the NVR. It works well, but now as I update the cameras, I need to update the NVR.

There is no limitations or differences, but you will probably struggle to find the non-POE version in the UK.
Quite simply, the cost-saving is not great, so nobody bothers to fetch it from the factory (it's another product line to stock).
You can use the version that has POE ports on the back and manually add all your cameras via your network switch.

Understood, Phil - thanks for the feedback & information. That's exactly what I do at the moment and it works pretty well, (once you've got used to navigating the Hikvision NVR firmware!). I do appreciate your stocking problem.

Back