01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7716NI-I4/16P - Backup to NAS

dturtill

Hi Guys

I have a HikVision NVR that runs with 24tb across 4 drives, I want to backup the previous day's recordings to a NAS so that if there are any issues with the drives I have a backup. I can't seem to find instructions in the manual.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

If my understanding/recollection is correct, you can only 'backup' from higher range NVR models e.g. 9600.

For 76/77XX models you can only manually 'export' i.e. make a manual selection of recordings of cameras/time periods and export it via the USB.

The user manual for your NVR (all NVRs, they like to combine things into one manual) is here:
https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/hikvisionkiusermanual.pdf

Update FYI - the latest available Release Notes for the I-series NVRs now mention automated daily backup NB via eSATA.
Latest HikVision Firmware for -I NVRs - new V4.1.50 (76XX, 77XX, 96XX NI-I)

3. eSATA automatic backup
1) Local GUI, web, 4200 all support this function.
2) Automatic backup can be started at a specified time to back up the video of the last 24 hours. If the backup fails on that day, the video of the last 48 hours will be backed up the next day.

3) Different channels and different video stream types (main stream, sub stream, dual stream) can be selected for backup.
4) There is a status display during the backup process.

Back