01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-7716NI-I4 problem since upgrade to NVR.4.... i think or maybe the change of ISP

Itsmee

Hi

I'm having issues with my DS-7716NI-I4.

My Platform Access/Register Status is showing as Offline and I cant get it to change to Online no matter what I try.
I have spent five hours today going over the settings, I'm missing something silly I think.

to make things worse I'm not sure if it has been a problem since the NVR upgraded to NVR.4 or when I changed ISP to SKY from BT.

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• Binder1.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 331
  • From SADP.txt
    683 bytes · Views: 300
Seems like ISP change. Most likely port forwarding issues. Firstly enable DHCP mode on the NVR incase the prior settings were static for the old ISP. Then enable UPnP on the NVR and also on the BT hub.

BT HUB log into the settings via 192.168.1.254 - advanced settings - port forwarding - configuration - enable UPnP

Hi Santi and thanks for the reply. I have enabled
UPnP on both NVR and hub (SKY) then tried a reboot of both devices, but still nothing.

Hi Santi and thanks for the reply. I have enabled
UPnP on both NVR and hub (SKY) then tried a reboot of both devices, but still nothing.

Also enabled DHCP mode on the NVR?

Only other thing I can think of is to manually port forward the ports needed from the sky router. Making the IP static for the NVR from the router settings

Hi

I'm having issues with my DS-7716NI-I4.

My Platform Access/Register Status is showing as Offline and I cant get it to change to Online no matter what I try.
I have spent five hours today going over the settings, I'm missing something silly I think.

to make things worse I'm not sure if it has been a problem since the NVR upgraded to NVR.4 or when I changed ISP to SKY from BT.

Any help appreciated

Has your NVR ever been registered as 'online' and it has disconnected since the change of ISP or is this the first time you have tried to setup platform access?

The solution will very likely be within this thread:

Hi Fellas.
Dan. I could view the NVR on my phone but it stopped working a while back, probably after the update to NVR 4.0.
Phil. I have been through all the posts I could find looking for a solution before I started this thread.

My Hik Connect server is: litedev.hik-connect.com is that okay? It's what it said after the update.
i've tried the dev server and still no good.

Could be your DNS setting. Disable Auto DNS and try 1.1.1.1 as primary and 8.8.8.8 as secondary. Reboot the NVR after the changes and see what happens.

I'm having the same issue on a DS-7732NI-K4, since the upgrade, I have not been able to connect to HikConnect.

The server seems to default to litedev.hik-connect.com which cannot be pinged, but have tried dev.hik-connect.com which can, and still Offline.

It's fine to use the litedev url.
This is one of our demo NVRs:

1578909596900.png

If you login to the Hik-Connect web portal at www.hik-connect.com what do you see?

Have you cycled the power of your NVR since the update?

Sorry to hijack your thread @Itsmee !

But I'm having the same issue and it may help with the diagnosis.

Phil, I have three NVR's all on the same network. All set with fixed IP's and correct gateways etc.
Two older NVR's on V3 firmware, connect to HikConnect just fine, and if I log into Hik-Connect.com, both are there.

The 3rd troublesome NVR used to be connected to HikConnect just fine, but since the V4 upgrade, it will not connect as per the OPs post.

Have rebooted router (new dynamic IP), and then rebooted all three NVRs. Two older ones connect and update Hik-Connect just fine. The newer one still shows 'offline'.

I think this eliminates an ISP or router issue, as the others work fine, but upgraded one does not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil,

Thanks, the new firmware has unfortunately not sorted the issue.

It did however, half-fix the 'Online (Not armed.)' issue I am having... and I now have 'Online' status.

Will keep trying to sort out this HikConnect issue, as we are left without live view at the moment.

Many thanks

Try litedev.us.hik-connect.com
i had so many problem with it before but it's now fixed my problem awhile back, in fact it made it so much better!!!

Try litedev.us.hik-connect.com
i had so many problem with it before but it's now fixed my problem awhile back, in fact it made it so much better!!!

Thank you Paul, this domain seems to connect! None of the EU ones do.
Thanks again

Hi fellas. I eventually got time to get back to this. I reset the system back to factory defaults and it has come back online. I am able to connect using apps etc.

Back