01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I use my DS-7716NI-K4/16P NVR with 11 acusense IP cameras?

gums

Hello pls i have 11 acusense IP cameras but couldn`t get the I series Nvr can i use the DS-7716NI-K4/16p nvr? Would i be able to set the functions like audible warning and strobe light and all the functions of the camera directly on the Nvr?

Hi @gums

The K-series NVRs will not fully support the AcuSense features, but by using virtual host you may be able to access most features by logging directly into the cameras. The other thing you may have an issue with is bandwidth, the 7716-K4 NVR supports 160Mbps incoming bandwidth but from our testing the higher megapixel AcuSense cameras (6MP & 8MP) can produce 15-20Mbps each even when running H.265+, this means that if you have 11 x 6 or 8MP cameras you may exceed the bandwidth limit of the NVR.

Hi @gums

The K-series NVRs will not fully support the AcuSense features, but by using virtual host you may be able to access most features by logging directly into the cameras. The other thing you may have an issue with is bandwidth, the 7716-K4 NVR supports 160Mbps incoming bandwidth but from our testing the higher megapixel AcuSense cameras (6MP & 8MP) can produce 15-20Mbps each even when running H.265+, this means that if you have 11 x 6 or 8MP cameras you may exceed the bandwidth limit of the NVR.
Thanks for the reply so that means i have to get at least the i2 of the i series nvr for the acusense cameras right?

Yes, for the best support of the AcuSense features you need to be using an I-series or AcuSense NVR.

Yes, for the best support of the AcuSense features you need to be using an I-series or AcuSense NVR.
Pls, can I connect my IP Video Intercom Kit Hikvision DS-KIS605-P to the DS-7716NI-K4/16p nvr and be able to access the card reader and all other functions?

Hi @gums

The intercom/access control functions of the DS-KIS605-P cannot be controlled in the menus of the NVR. We recommend that all intercom/access control devices should be added remotely to your local network via a separate PoE switch or PoE injectors, you can then add the intercom to the NVR to record the camera stream. To manage the intercom/access control elements we recommend running iVMS-4200 on a PC where you can then add the intercom as a separate device and then manage its intercom functions via the access control menus within the software.

Hi @gums

The intercom/access control functions of the DS-KIS605-P cannot be controlled in the menus of the NVR. We recommend that all intercom/access control devices should be added remotely to your local network via a separate PoE switch or PoE injectors, you can then add the intercom to the NVR to record the camera stream. To manage the intercom/access control elements we recommend running iVMS-4200 on a PC where you can then add the intercom as a separate device and then manage its intercom functions via the access control menus within the software.
Thanks so in the event that the only poe i have is the one on the nvr i can`t use it to even power up the intercom kit right?

Correct, If you connect the intercom devices directly to the PoE ports on the NVR it will stop the intercom functions from working as the device will now be on the NVRs subnet address range and not visible to other devices on the local network, this means that you won't be able to add the intercom directly to the Hik-Connect app on its own and thus you can't receive notifications of when the intercom is triggered.

Back