01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-K1T804MF Fingerprint Access Control Terminal Can Not Activate

Alex Toerien

I bought the DS-K1T804MF Fingerprint Access Control Terminal and did all the setup steps. SADP Picks up the unit. But in iVMS-4200 the unit does not allow the option of being activated. I assume it is something to do wth the IP/ Subnet Mask/ Gateway, but i have no knowledge on how this works and which IP I have to change. Hik-Connect also does not pick up the unit.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Alex

Have you managed to add the device to iVMS-4200 at all? Have you managed to assign it an open IP address in SADP/toggled DHCP to assign it to one?

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of your device list in SADP and the network settings, and what you're seeing in iVMS-4200?

It might be worth looking at this YouTube video for Hikvision Access Control-Basic Configuration from start to see if you're missing anything obvious.

Last edited:
Hi Alex

Have you managed to add the device to iVMS-4200 at all? Have you managed to assign it an open IP address in SADP/toggled DHCP to assign it to one? You shouldn't need to worry about gateway too much.

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of your device list in SADP and the network settings, and what you're seeing in iVMS-4200?

It might be worth looking at this YouTube video for Hikvision Access Control-Basic Configuration from start to see if you're missing anything obvious.

Hi Kyle
I am busy with the Youtube video now.
Unfortunately I am having trouble with the iVMS-4200 tool where it asks for the password, of which the only password i set up is not working, so I have to wait 30min for the next try.
Attached is the pictures as requested.

Attachments

• sadp.JPG
    sadp.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 293
  • ivms-4200.JPG
    ivms-4200.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 305
My mistake, ignore my last comment about the gateway, I meant to say you should't worry about the 'port' much.

My immediate thought is that the gateway field looks incorrect. Launch 'commandprompt' on your PC, type 'ipconfig' and then hit enter when its open, this should list your gateway address which you need to fill in the SADP network parameters.

When are you getting the password prompt for iVMS-4200? There will be two different user/password combinations needed in the program, one is for the superuser password that the program will ask for upon launch and you will have set when you first installed the program. The other is the device password which you should have also set yourself and the program will ask for when you try to add a device, here's a link to our article about the Hikvision device passwords.

When I insert my Gateway address, it gives me this error: Error 2015: Others

Attachments

• sadp error when gateway input.JPG
    sadp error when gateway input.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 244
That's maybe to do with the password that you're trying to set. Try a password that only includes letters and numbers and see if that makes a difference.

If not, try inserting the device's listed IP address into Internet Explorer search bar and see if it lets you set a password this way.

Back