01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-KB6003-WIP door bell keeps going off line

flycop2000

I have the above door bell connected to my home WIFI mesh network setup, its a BT HH6 meshed to 3 Devolo Powerline 1200AC WIFI nodes (both 2.4 &5 Ghz channels are set to auto). The signal is very strong all around the house including at the door bell. I had the door bell working faultlessly for months and then it suddenly went off line and only a reset could get back online. The bell has not worked properly for the last few months, after a reset is could work for days or hours before going off line again! I had the bell replaced with a new one recently under warranty but the new one does the same. I have also replaced the mains transformer a couple of time as well.

I'm at a loss to what is causing this drop out?

What firmware is the KB6003 running? V1.4.62 Build 180515 mentions Wi-Fi bug fixes. If it's on the latest firmware then my best guess would be channel interference.

Hi, the firmware is V2.1.0 which I received from hikvision via the retailers support site.
Any ideas on how to trace the interference?

Just done some Google searching and found some posts on Smart Meters causing wifi interference. I cant be sure but the problem could have started around the same time as I had my smart meters installed?
I have changed my wifi mesh from auto channel to set channels avoiding ch6 which seems to be close to the frequency used by smart meters although they don't use wifi as such.

We don't have smart meters where I'm from but I assume the idea is to allow a service representative access to the meter data without accessing your property. I'd image the SSID is hidden but more likely they use a special radio frequency.

I'm not familiar with the Devolo Powerline 1200AC range but changing to a set channel is a good first move. If the problem persists, are you able to access the web interface settings of the Devolo mesh? If so, look out for / try the following:
  • A WiFi overview (Neighbour networks) - avoid channels with strong signal quality used by neighbours
  • Consider creating a 'guest network' just for the Hik-doorbell and set it to 2.4Ghz only on an uncrowded channel
  • Don't mesh the 'guest network' for the Hik-doorbell (if possible) to the rest of the system and disable the roaming feature
  • Make sure auto shutdown/disconnect features are disabled
  • Try disable air-time fairness and see if it makes any difference
  • Disable WiFi scheduling, convenience features and time quotas if applicable
  • Try disabling MIMO (only as a last resort)
  • Check if there is a stay/keep alive function you can enable
  • Avoid default channels 1, 6 and 11 as they are commonly used
Again, please treat the above as suggestions! I'd hate to introduce more problems with your existing setup. Keep us posted.

Hi, thanks for your suggestions.
The smart meter talks to your energy provider to supply readings of you gas/ Elec consumption on a regular basis and provide you with live current energy use via a small remote LCD display. I have looked at neighbours networks previously via Devolo adapter web interface and tried set channels before going back to auto mode. I had already disabled power save mode and roaming feature.
I will update this tread on any success or failure to stay connected.

Hi,
I changed to different channels again and now my Door Bell has stayed on line for the past 2 weeks.
Thanks for the advice.

Hi,
the firmware is 2.10.18 from clarecontrols.com. They are an American company that sell a rebadged Hikvision Door Bell. The firmware was provided by the support dept of Broadband Buyer. :)

Back