01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-KB8112-IM (two way) audio not working

DonZalmrol

Hi all,

First time posting here, trying to get my issue resolved as I'm out of ideas.
I've installed and configured 2x DS-KB8112-IM and 1x DS-KH8301-WT.

The first DS-KB8112-IM is working without any issues with the indoor station. But the second one will not work properly.

To describe the issues in a bit more detail:
  1. When you press the button you do not hear the ring/dial tone (its silent)
  2. You can hear the person talking into the doorbell
  3. The person at the doorbell does not hear you
  4. When you click on the unlock door button from the indoor station or the Hik-Connect app you hear through the doorbell speaker the message "door unlocked"
  5. The video stream is sometimes interrupted (you get the message video interrupted on the Hik-Connect app)
As far as I can see the DS-KB8112-IM is configured as it should be and is recognized as the sub doorstation/ bell, the otherone is my main doorstation/ bell.
I'm going to recheck my cabling to rule out a bad connector or patch in my patch panel.

Firmware is the latest one V1.4.6 build 190808 for both the DS-KB8112-IM, and V1.5.1 build 191024 for the DS-KH8301-WT indoor station

Any tips, ideas (or known issues) are greatly appreciated!

I've reverted back to V1.4.5 build 190219, reset (restore to default settings and restore all) the DS-KB8112-IM and finally hear a "ringtone" when you press the button. Unfortunately still no two way sound.
I can hear the (test) person at the door, but they can't hear me. They do hear the "Door unlocked" voice message.

Issue resolved! Seems it was due to the SIP server that was set to my indoor station. Seems you just leave it to 0.0.0.0.

Back