01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ds-kd8003 elektric lock on indoor station

NoFate

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hi, i have an ds-kd8003, the electrical lock is only 2 cables on No1/com , to open it , wel prettig easy for burglars, just remove the intercom and they are inside...

Seems my indoor station wh9310 also have and relay for No1/com...

How can I use that one with the keypad? I can't find a setting in IVMS where I can link the keypad to the correct relay, it's always the one on the outdoor station

Thnx

Hi, i have an ds-kd8003, the electrical lock is only 2 cables on No1/com , to open it , wel prettig easy for burglars, just remove the intercom and they are inside...

Seems my indoor station wh9310 also have and relay for No1/com...

How can I use that one with the keypad? I can't find a setting in IVMS where I can link the keypad to the correct relay, it's always the one on the outdoor station

Thnx
"wel prettig easy for burglars, just remove the intercom and they are inside.."
that will depend if your door lock is configured to "Fail Safe" or "Fail Secure"

Keypad??? .................. KH9310 is an Indoor Station & KD8003 is a Door Station, you have not mentioned/listed a Keypad?
Unless you are referring to the Indoor Station as the Keypad?

What are you attempting to do? ................ operate another Lock?

well, because its easy for a burglar to just connect the 2 wires...
i was hoping that if i type in a key or swipe on the ds-kd8003 , it would trigger relay 1 of my indoor station, instead of relay 1 of the outdoor station

if i could link it, i can connect my electrical lock to the indoor station, so then its not possible for a burgar to connect the 2 wires

That would require Cabling from the Indoor Station to the Door Lock, pointless.
Assuming the 2-Wires from your Door Station, that connect to your door lock, Switch to Ground, You would be better off introducing an additional secure method that would cut (+) power to the lock if the Door Station is Tampered

i was hoping it the NO1/COM relay on my indoor could get triggered, when i type in a key on keypad or swipe with the badge , then it was burglar proof for me

i dont understand the advantage then of the 2 indoor relays NO1 and NO2 , whats the purpose of those?

Your Intercom has 2x Outputs which are used to trigger/switch a connected device. Technically, NO1/COM is incorrect......... Output 1 will be NO1/COM/NC1 & Output 2 NO2/COM/NC2, these both function the same, described below.

Definitions:
NO - (Normally Open) which means the "relay" contact is Normally an Open Circuit. When triggered the Contacts Close & complete the Circuit.
NC - (Normally Closed) which means the "relay" contact is Normally a Closed Circuit. When triggered the Contacts Open & breaks the Circuit.
COM - (Common) depending of the relays function, Common is the source in which the Contact Switches on or off.

So in your case, because you have stated NO1/COM as being the 2 Wires connecting your Door Lock, i can tell you that:
1. Your Door Lock/Strike has a constant DC+ Power Feed
2. The Ground/DC- feed from your Door Lock/Strike is the wire Connected to the NO terminal of your Door Station
3. The wire connected to the COM terminal of your Door Station is connected to Ground/DC-
So when you trigger the Unlock Button, the Relay Contacts "Close" & completes the Ground Circuit for the Lock. therefore powers the Lock to Open.
This Mode is Known as "Fail Secure" or "Power to Open" (PTO). Benefits: the lock will remain locked in a power failure.

NC (Normally Closed) example, operates in the same manner, except the Relay Contacts are Closed & the Circuit is Complete, providing Power to the Lock. Pressing the Unlock Button, Opens the Relay Contacts ................. breaking the Circuit & Opens the Lock. This Mode is known as "Fail Safe" or "Power to Lock" (PTL). Benefits: the Lock will Open/Unlock in a Power Failure (emergency/fire doors etc).

Your Intercom is a Modular Type, which means you can inter-connect multiple Door Stations, Room Stations etc, unfortunately the Outputs are also inter-connected between the Modules, therefore Output 1 on your Room Station, Keypad, Card Reader etc are all connected to Output 1 of the Door Station .............................. Unlocks the Lock.

If your Intercom is the "2-Wire" version (not LAN type), i assume you could wire the Lock directly to the Indoor Station Output, as long as you are able to run cabling between the two? ................. also consider limitations such as Volt Drop

ok , too bad, thnx for all info , i have lan type
seems hikvision also sell a secure module anyway

Back