01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision DS-KD8003 Door Station => how to dial a SIP extension?

I abandoned the project, otherwise I could show you my screenshots of pbx

No, just using Hikconnect back :)

I have figured out all ISAPI commands , so I can integrate and do a remote open door doing REST calls, i used it for my domotica

Okay, I started from scratch using "host" network mode so I don't have to deal with NAT.
In FreePBX I had to change the External IP Address and define the local network. Now I get audio. Next step: video ;)

Ok, now Video was really easy. Video support was deactivated by default in Sip Settings. Just set it to "Enabled" and it works.

Cool :)

And early video? Never got that to work

when playing with sip... remember... you can only use SIP or Hikconnect... not both at the same time. maybe they fixed it , but i had the problem with an older version of the intercom system.

another problem... there is no sip app which show you the videofeed without accept the call... this is only possible with hikconnect. if now working, please post ... it would be nice to get rid off hikconnect and their indoor screens...

when playing with sip... remember... you can only use SIP or Hikconnect... not both at the same time. maybe they fixed it , but i had the problem with an older version of the intercom system.

another problem... there is no sip app which show you the videofeed without accept the call... this is only possible with hikconnect. if now working, please post ... it would be nice to get rid off hikconnect and their indoor screens...
Indeed, i faced the same issues, no early video....
I think it's only possible when you create your own app with sdk and use two way audio ISAPI , then for example capture the video with rtsp...

One of the reasons I stopped playing ...
I wanted to have custom notifications , that's why I used/tested SIP, but hikvision is going to release it finally in one of the next hikconnect updates

I'm aware that I might have to write my own Android client, but that should not be that hard.
The RTSP Stream is always available, not only when the "call" is in progress, so SIP is only required for audio. If we can trigger the door opener by ISAPI command you don't even need to accept the call.

i already do that know, with ISAPI i check the callstatus => when someone presses the doorbell , i send an Push notification
in that push notifictaion , i have captured a image from RTSP
and defined 3 actions
Hikconnect => opens Hikconnect if needed
Live View => opens the RTSP stream
Deur openen => opens the doir with ISAPI

my plan is to change the Hikconnect action , and change the code to start two way audio with ISAPI

PBX/Sip was an overkill for me, if you want to go the ISAPI way, offcourse you need 1 indoor panel :)

1627623426154.png

Last edited:
Indeed, i faced the same issues, no early video....
I think it's only possible when you create your own app with sdk and use two way audio ISAPI , then for example capture the video with rtsp...

So are you saying that the KD8003 / Yate 5.5 Client does not support sending early Video (SIP 183?)? I'm not sure if I need to configure that on the Asterisk side.

So are you saying that the KD8003 / Yate 5.5 Client does not support sending early Video (SIP 183?)? I'm not sure if I need to configure that on the Asterisk side.

hikvision/hikconnect grabs the rtsp stream BEFORE you take the call.

most (or all) sip apps only shows you the video feed after you accepted the call... but maybe you find one, which can do it.

i may try it if i have more time... i have a unused freepbx here laying around for playing

i know that some video phones support it, but it really depends if the device send the video-stream-information in header. if not, you have to go rounds to get it work with isapi

i have found a verry interesting topic, can you test it out? :)
if this works, then i'm not gonna use HikConnect anymore , because early video is still a big bummer for me

[from-internal-custom]
include => from-internal
exten => 2007/2008,1,Log(NOTICE,GDS3710 is calling to extension ${EXTEN})
same => n,GoSub(func-set-sipheader,s,1(Call-Info,<IP_of_GDS3710:443/capture/8001> ;purpose=GDS-view))

thread : PJSIP - Copy SIP Call-Info header on internal call

hey @leoguiders , how are you going with SIP?
i tried several PBX systems, i got early video to work with 3cx/fusion/freeswitch, but not with asterisk
but i never got early video to work when i call a ring group (several sip clients)
do you also have early video working with freepbx?

you ?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey @leoguiders , how are you going with SIP?
i tried several PBX systems, i got early video to work with 3cx/fusion/freeswitch, but not with astrerisk
but i never got early video to work when i call a ringgroup (several sip clients)
do you also have early video working with freepbx?

you ?

Sadly I did not have the time to try anything yet. Still hanging on to asterisk without early video but calling multiple linphone clients via ring groups.

ah ok, keep me posted when you have early video to work with asterisk, i never succeeded with that
other PBX systems are no problem
i really liked fusionpbx, it was up and running after 5 min, just install, enable h264 and change dtmf mode to "info" for opening doors

are you using also Home Assistant?

OK maybe i'll try fusionpbx. The docker images i found seem to be outdated...

I'm using OpenHab, but also some HA components like Esphome. I tried HomeAssistant but the UI felt like it wanted to integrate too many different things.

Ah ok, well , the problem is that early video, doesn't work with ring groups, but a guy started a nice project last week, he created a sip client for HA, that integrates with FreePBX/asterisk... That way you have live view cameras in the Lovelace view, and work with notifications

A workaround, but it works

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all... I received a DS-KD8003-IME1 today. The physical unit feels like a quality product but... the software...? Oh my! :(

I don't want to use a HikVision indoor station - that's a screen attached to a wall which isn't very useful when most people have a phone in their pocket the whole time! In fact, I didn't buy an indoor station to go with this.

I activated the KD8003 using IVMS4200 and configured it to call a SIP number (we have an Asterisk PBX here) when the intercom button is pressed. It works perfectly... for a few seconds... then the call is dropped and the KD8003 says, "Sorry the subscriber you dialled is not available now..."

Has anyone else seen this? I guess it's possible that the KD8003 is attempting to communicate with an indoor station (even though I have not configured one) at the same time it makes a SIP call and when that fails (comms with the indoor station) it gives up, even though the SIP call is successfully in progress? Surely that would be crazy though? Am hoping there's just something else silly I may have missed that will stop this call being dropped.

Thanks in advance.

Back