01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-KD8003-IME1 Door phone setup

Rok1215

Hello everyone,
I've been trying to setup a DS-KD8003-IME1 Hikvision door phone for a customer, so they can use it for their outdoor ramp, and answer the calls through our PBX. I've got it setup at our space, connected through a SIP connection to our Samsung OfficeServ PBX.

Do the door phones have any kind of possible web interface, for looking at the camera? I've seen their cameras and other products have a web UI, but the door phone does not - the only way I've found to actually see the live feed is through their IVMS-4200 client.
And I've seen tutorials, where if a call came from the door phone, you could answer it inside the client, with the "Master Station" IP address set as the IP of the PC on which the client is installed, but I do not have a "Master Station IP" setting, only "Security Control Panel IP".

Another strange issue I've experienced is, when pressing the button on the door phone, it is set to dial the internal number 90, but for some reason it calls the number 500, which is a station group in our case, that then makes all the phones in the office ring. Anyone know what could be causing this, and where else could this be set, other than in the "Dial" menu?

The Door Station live feed can be viewed from anywhere in VLC using the RTSP protocol after port forwarding, ie:
rtsp://8003admin:8003password@IPaddress:forwardedportnumber/Streaming/channels/101 [for HD or /102 for sub stream]
Example - rtsp://admin:AZaZ4251@212.230.200.100:560/Streaming/channels/101.
But it isn't accessible via HTTP.

RTSP doesn't transport the intercom and opener controls. For those, you will need one of:
- iVMS-4200
- Hik-Connect
- Video intercom Indoor Station

Calls can be answered in any of these. In iVMS-4200 you would have to manually add the Door Station in order to see these controls. Its IP can be found in an Indoor Station or in your router's list of attached devices.

Thank you for your reply.
Regarding RTSP, how would I go about setting this up? I've found no RTSP settings or mentions in the IVMS-4200 3.1 program I've been using to configure it.

And regarding open controls, even with it being added in IVMS, I don't get any prompt on the program when I click the door bell, and it is added under devices.

Also regarding Hik-connect, I do not think the DS-KD8003-IME1 can be added on its own. I've tried adding it through their Web UI and when I try to add device it says "The device could not be added".
I also tried with their Android app, and when scanning the code on the back of the device, it then prompts me to select which device it is, but under "Door Phones" this model is not there and I cannot select it. When trying to select any other door phone in the options it fails.

I can't help with configuring the 8003 as a standalone device as I have always had an indoor station too. I gather from reading about others' experiences that Hik-Connect can't be properly set up for the door station unless an indoor station has also been installed. [If that is true then the cheapest indoor station, the DS-KH6320-WTE1, which doesn't have a very good screen, might be worth retrofitting as it can be set up wirelessly and could be useful in a kitchen, WC or outbuilding.]

However, RTSP should work anywhere without involving Hik-Connect. You would need to set up port forwarding in your router config [mine is under security/apps+gaming/single-port-forwarding]. There, add the door station by its name and IP, allocate it a forwarding number and save. That number should then work in the RTSP URL which, on most devices, would automatically open the live stream window in VLC when clicked or tapped. My door station window does take a few seconds to open whereas my other cam RTSP URLs open almost instantly.

Do the door phones have any kind of possible web interface, for looking at the camera? I've seen their cameras and other products have a web UI, but the door phone does not - the only way I've found to actually see the live feed is through their IVMS-4200 client.

I think there was a firmware update last year for the villa and doorbell devices, that means you no longer need indoor screen to use HikConnect. I'm not sure if that is also true for DS-KD8003-IME1.

Does anyone know if DS-KD8003-IME1 has accessible built in web interface? Without having to use ivms?
I was thinking about this today, as it would be much easier to fire up a web browser and add new users/key codes, than big sluggish ivms app.

Is administration possible from HikConnect app itself? Say adding/removing keypad codes?

Back