01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KD8003-IME1 Keypad and RFiD sub-modules won't accept pin or swipe cards

kesawi

I have a DS-KD8003-IME1 Gen 2 modular door station with the DS-KD-KP keypad and DS-KD-M MiFare RFiD modules.

I have configured a user and corresponding access group for the door using just and RFiD card. However, the door station will not open the door for the access card and just beeps twice. I've also tried enrolling the RFiD tag separately using the master card and the reader beeps twice when I scan the enrollment card, once when I scan the user card, and twice when I scan the enrollment card again indicating a successful enrollment. If I get the users from the door station in IVMS-4200 it shows the card as enrolled. Using the card will not open the door. I have a DS-KV-6113-WPE1 villa station which I've been able to successfully enrol the card using both IVMS-4200 and also the master enrollment card.

I am also having a problem with the keypad. It will only recognise public passwords. If I sent an unlock password on the indoor station it won't recongnise it. If I set a password for a user in IVMS-4200 the door station won't recognise it. I can use the keypad to dial a room successfully.

I've tried having only one module connected at a time and it has the same issue.

Both seem to be access control related and I'm wondering whether there's a specific setting that I've missed?

Both

i had issues too with the person control, anyway, make sure all firmwares are up to date

for keypad , i have created public passwords, with newer firmware you can create 16 x codes, with a length of 4 , before it was 3 with a length of 6 , i never got keycodes to work when i created persons

for swipe cards, i dont have an issue with it , i first swipe the master card, then the mifare card i want to use, then the master card again, in persons, i indeed see the new enrollment, i dont need to change anything there , i leave it like it is

i had issues too with the person control, anyway, make sure all firmwares are up to date
I'm finding it really difficult to work out what is the correct firmware. Depending on which country/region I look at there are broad differences. The European download portal looks like it has some of the latest, but I'm not sure whether they're compatible with an Australian model.

for keypad , i have created public passwords, with newer firmware you can create 16 x codes, with a length of 4 , before it was 3 with a length of 6 , i never got keycodes to work when i created persons
Public passwords work for me, which will be good enough. I believe the key codes are in addition to the pass cards.

for swipe cards, i dont have an issue with it , i first swipe the master card, then the mifare card i want to use, then the master card again, in persons, i indeed see the new enrollment, i dont need to change anything there , i leave it like it is
I can get the cards to enrol, just not give access. If I import the person list from the door station it populates everything. If I then create an access group for my KV6113 the swipe cards will work on that, but not the KD8003.

i download everything from the UK portal, in he 2.0 folder, those are indeed latest one
you also have the 16 public passwords? then you have a "newer" firmware , the old, was i believe only 3 or 4

i dont need to import, you dont need to create access groups, actually , to register cards, you need need ivms at all
just swipe master to start register; then, the badge, then master again ...
afterwards i can already use them , with doing anything in IVMS

i download everything from the UK portal, in he 2.0 folder, those are indeed latest one
you also have the 16 public passwords? then you have a "newer" firmware , the old, was i believe only 3 or 4
Where are you based? Do you have an issue installing UK portal firmware if you're outside of the UK?

I have:
  • V2.13 build 210204 on the KD8003. The latest I can see on the UK site is V2.2.13_210129. which looks like it may be older?
  • V2.1.2 build 191014 on the KH3850. The latest I can see on the UK site is V2.1.10_build210208
  • V2.1.5 build 200107 on the KV6113. This matches the latest I can see on the UK site, although I can see there is an EU version with the standalone hik-connect feature.
Also, from what I can read the KD8003 and KH8350 have v2.0 protocol while the KV6113 has V1.0 protocol. Because I don't have the KV6113(B) I can't upgrade it to the V2.0 protocol, but it will still work provided it's a sub door station?

i dont need to import, you dont need to create access groups, actually , to register cards, you need need ivms at all
just swipe master to start register; then, the badge, then master again ...
afterwards i can already use them , with doing anything in IVMS

I've followed those steps with the master badge and despite making all of the correct beeps it won't work. I've tried setting it up without using IVMS at all and still have the same problem.

Last edited:
i am running this one, i have an EU version, should not mather normally
its quite a new one , not the latest though, and i also updated all submodules
V2.2.3 build 201202 for 8003
v1.0.0 build 191213 for my submodules

Using the latest firmware versions was troublesome. I had to downgrade to an older firmware running v1.0 Protocol to get everything to work. MiFare reader now works on the KD8033, but I'm limited to three public passwords. Have also been able to configure the KV6113 as a sub door station and get it all to work in Hik-Connect and indoor station. Ended up with the following firmware:
  • DS-KV6113-WPE1 V2.1.5 build 200107
  • DS-KD8003-IME1 V2.0.8 build 210202
  • DS-KH8350-WTE1 V2.1.2 build 210211

Last edited:
yeah, i think you need at least the 2.2.3 firmware to have 16 passwords
for indoor i cant help, i have the android indoor system

I have a DS-KD8003-IME1 Gen 2 modular door station with the DS-KD-KP keypad and DS-KD-M MiFare RFiD modules.

I have configured a user and corresponding access group for the door using just and RFiD card. However, the door station will not open the door for the access card and just beeps twice. I've also tried enrolling the RFiD tag separately using the master card and the reader beeps twice when I scan the enrollment card, once when I scan the user card, and twice when I scan the enrollment card again indicating a successful enrollment. If I get the users from the door station in IVMS-4200 it shows the card as enrolled. Using the card will not open the door. I have a DS-KV-6113-WPE1 villa station which I've been able to successfully enrol the card using both IVMS-4200 and also the master enrollment card.

I am also having a problem with the keypad. It will only recognise public passwords. If I sent an unlock password on the indoor station it won't recongnise it. If I set a password for a user in IVMS-4200 the door station won't recognise it. I can use the keypad to dial a room successfully.

I've tried having only one module connected at a time and it has the same issue.

Both seem to be access control related and I'm wondering whether there's a specific setting that I've missed?

Both
did you get an answer for your question?

best to use : public passwords for keypad use and persons for card users
easier and it works

did you get an answer for your question?
No I never did. I recently tried upgrading the DS-KD8003-IME1 firmware from V2.0.8 build 210202 to the latest V2.2.45 build 210430 and it still won't grant access to an enrolled MiFare cards. It doesn't matter whether I use the master card or IVMS to enroll, it just won't grant access to them. Reverting to V2.0.8 build 210202 rectifies the issue. The MiFare card reader is useless on the newer firmware for the KD8003.

The newer firmware also still won't accept the DS-KV6113-WPE1 villa station as a subdoor station.

I've been able to upgrade the firmware on my DS-KH6320-WTE1 and DS-KH8350-WTE1 indoor stations to the latest V2.1.20 build 210420, and they now work with everything, whereas the previous Security2.0 firmware for the indoor stations didn't work with the KV6113 as a sub door station.

best to use : public passwords for keypad use and persons for card users
easier and it works
This is what I've implemented, except as above I can't get the access cards to work on the KD8003 with the Security2.0 firmware. @NoFate from your posts over at the ipcamtalk forum you appear to have a contact who knows what Hikvision are up to. I'd appreciate if you are able to follow up with them to see if they are aware of a fix for the card reader issue or if anyone else has reported it.

hmm, i am also using 2.2.45 , recently installed with a factory reset afterward, no issues here
make sure your submodules are also up to date with firmware

make sure your submodules are also up to date with firmware
What firmware versions do you have for the sub-modules? I have:
  • Keypad - V1.0.0 build 201203
  • Card reader - V1.0.0. build 191213
On the UK Portal I can see V1.0.0_191213 and V1.0.0_191009, while on the EU portal I can see V1.0.0_191009 and V1.0.0_200518.

Also, I assume it's the Net.bin file that is used rather than the Serial.bin to update through IVMS over the network?

Having same problems after update. Cant ad and make it work with rfid tags that with old version worked .After downgrade working ok. In the device main modul can see the users that are aded with the cards but still not working.In my case the card reader submodule have version 191009 . After the update it was not able to do any upgrade to the sub modules or to the main modul with ivms.

DS-KD-M
Card reader firmware build 191213
it is possible turned off Light ( inside led ) ?

yes, i believe so, those leds are turned on based on the sensor, i think you can turn it off in ivms, not sure though

nothing to configure Card reader - I can't find in ivms,,, maybe I'm looking wrong

here are some settings :

1629194177047.png

Attachments

• 1629194152949.png
    1629194152949.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 227
Back