01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-KD8003-IME2 speaker makes noise all the time

tristan.p

Hello!

I installed my intercom system this weekend with:
  • DS-KH6320-WTE2
  • DS-KD8003-IME2
  • DS-KAD706
all works fine. But the outdoor station is making noise all the time with the speaker. Like a interference signal in the 90s. This is a good example: Electric Buzzing Steady its not very loud. with the cars on the road you can't here it. but in the evening with 10 cm between your ear and the KD8003 you can hear it.

How could I fix this problem?

Thanks!

I can see from the product codes that you are using the 2-wire Intercom, we only work with the IP range and we haven't seen this issue. My first recommendation would be to check that the firmware for both Intercom and indoor station are up to date.

Hi,
I am using the same setup but with 2 monitors.
The firmware you are mentioning is alsof the firmware that came at delivery last januari 2020.
I also hear the hissing sound, but is not so loud.
On the following site firmware upgrades are available.

So 2 more recent versions are available.
But when installing these newer version makes the hissing sound very loud and for sure not useable.
Even the sound you hear coming from an indoor station is very distorted and not understandable.
And the dutch language is also not available in the newer versions.
Luckily it is possible to downgrade again, but like that we miss some new features described in the release notes.

Hi,
Even with this version the audio on the outdoor unit is disturbed and is very noisy, but only when a call between the outdoor unit en the indoor unit. The noise is only at the outdoor unit.
regards,
Koen

Last edited:
I have the same issue with DS-KD8003-IME1. There is a constant noise coming out of the speaker. The firmware is the latest available in Europe 2.2.50.
Koen, did you somehow sort out your noisy unit?

Hi,

The same for me with my DS-KD8003-IME1.

I have this on 2 DS-KD8003-IME1, I had an after-sales service change and the noise is still there on the second one. I wonder if it's not normal.

Back