01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-KIS603-P vs DS-7608NI-K2/8P vs IVMS

haaad

Hi all,

I have DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR with 4x POE cameras.

I would like to add DS-KIS603-P over ethernet with POE directly from NVR

Will it work? (recording alarm binding etc? - I cannot find comprehensive info on the topic)

What functionalities I can expect that will work in IVMS (2 way audio, door open) ?

On the side - did anyone managed to install any additional software on DS-7600 like NVR
I mean to get to fully functional busybox on NVR to perform (whatever imagination provides)
So far I got into PSH over ssh but it is so trimmed down...
Soon I will have some fun with binwalk and da firmware ;) (when time allows)

BR
HD

Hi @haaad

We recommend that intercom products are installed on a separate PoE Injector or Switch because if you add the intercom directly to the NVR then you will only be able to add it to the mobile app via the NVR and you won't be notified of button presses in the app, if you add it via a separate PoE device you can get all the app functionality and you should be able to record the live stream from the camera by adding it to the NVR over the local network.

We don't really recommend using intercoms with iVMS-4200 because you will only receive notifications to the software when it is open and running.

We have no experience with installing additional software to a Hikvision NVR.

Hi @haaad

We recommend that intercom products are installed on a separate PoE Injector or Switch because if you add the intercom directly to the NVR then you will only be able to add it to the mobile app via the NVR and you won't be notified of button presses in the app, if you add it via a separate PoE device you can get all the app functionality and you should be able to record the live stream from the camera by adding it to the NVR over the local network.

We don't really recommend using intercoms with iVMS-4200 because you will only receive notifications to the software when it is open and running.

We have no experience with installing additional software to a Hikvision NVR.
Quick and painless (ish) Dan,
Like ripping of a bandage.
Obviously you know your stuff...

I was actually hoping to have (off the shelf) nice and tidy physical aspect of the network - all CCTV/Access control from POE NVR
with all functionalities :) I know I am a dreamer... I understand NVR is not fully functional switch and by default will not expose
connected devices and even exposing them allows for bit crippled access (from eth point of view).
It is not a huge problem I can just connect that from my automation POE switch (I just do not want to have like 10 diffrent apps to
run home automation/cctv/alarm/access control/...)

(I do not know all aspects of IVMS apps (android)...)
If I have IVMS running on my mobile in the background - will it notify me?
Could it be configured like that?

Regarding NVR "hacking" (I would say molding to my needs) - I need samba to run on NVR - I had HIK cameras with custom NAS integrated with my home portal that way. If I will not get into NVR (there is matter of hardware free resources left...) - I will have to change my portal...

Cheers,
HD

If you need to access the intercom and NVR on your mobile then we would recommend the Hik-Connect app from the Hikvision App Store

Back