01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR-2XXU-K1 & SC-COLV4K-F Analog using HiLook Vision

DavidWills

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me as a newbie but with a good technical understanding of things.

Have DIY installed four ColourVu (analog) cams connected to a DVR which is on my LAN via a Powerline adaptor. The cams are working and I can view them in Live on my PC (HiLook Vision) and also my iPad but I am having issues trying to configure them. For example in the 'events' I do not see any image to set the motion detection grid (grey screen preview) or indeed any event feature, using iVMS-4200 which I downloaded as an alternate the cameras are not detected, in both software apps the DVR is detected. I've not yet tried taking a screen up the loft and using the HDMI directly to the DVR, if I can help it...

What I wanted to do first was set the LED to only come on during an event in low light and according to what I can find on the web this is done with the External Devices section in settings. That is there for a moment when I click remote configuration but then within a few seconds the menu tree collapses and the option disappears. In another thread on this forum a user suggested the option had been moved to Image, again not an option I seem to be able to find to disable that LED when not needed.

Been reading for hours and watching YouTube but withing any success. Guidance appreciated.

Attachments

• remote_cam.jpg
    remote_cam.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 186
@DavidWills probably best to test from the monitor connected to the DVR.

are the port assignments correct?

could your antivirus / firewall be blocking any ports? As it’s your LAN your antivirus / firewall should treat it as a private trusted network.

I'm not certain about port assignments but would that matter over a LAN, would that not be for a forward / DDNS type of access?

The firewall is set to allow access.

I'm not certain about port assignments but would that matter over a LAN, would that not be for a forward / DDNS type of access?

The firewall is set to allow access.
If you are using the wrong port numbers between ivms-4200 and the DVR you could lose functionality.

Have you tried running internet explorer (IE) with admin privileges and access the DVR web interface via HTTP?

Well, nowt worked so it was up the loft with a small monitor and I was able to configure the 'events' etc.

Apart from one thing, these cameras have an LED which comes on at night. According to what I can find on the web it's possible to adjust these settings but mine are greyed out in the Advanced menu. Any ideas?

Also can the LED be configured to only come on if there's an event rather than on all night?

Another question: I've tried using the web interface to access the DVR but the user/password do not allow access. Is there something default?

Another question: I've tried using the web interface to access the DVR but the user/password do not allow access. Is there something default?
For my NVR the same admin password is used for the web interface.

It took several attempts of what I knew to be the correct credentials before the login to the web interface was successful. Strange.

So here's what I see and I've done my best to compare this to other threads and resources available. There are four images attached of the screens (a) the DVR output directly (b) the HiLook Web Interface and (c+d) the iVMS-4200 control panel.

The DVR screen - the option is greyed out.
The HiLook Web Interface - no options.
iVMS-4200 - the External Devices is in the menu tree and then it fully loads up, vanishes.

I'm starting to wonder if it's me being entirely thick, the guys who supplied the cameras even say the option should be there but, well it just isn't. Thank you for your patience and I hope you can suggest more routes to try.

Attachments

• hilookgui.jpg
    hilookgui.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DVR-Control-Panel.jpg
    DVR-Control-Panel.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 160
  • iVMS-4200-Remote-Config-Loading.jpg
    iVMS-4200-Remote-Config-Loading.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 159
  • iVMS-4200-Remote-Config-Loaded.jpg
    iVMS-4200-Remote-Config-Loaded.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 159
@DavidWills for the hilook gui grey video screen, have you tested JavaScript and html5 web video playback?

could any IE / Edge web extensions be conflicting video playback?

OK, you will not believe how incredibly 'stupid' the solution was and retro but I have found the way to enable / disable the Smart LED.

None of the apps worked, it was the web interface and not with a current browser as no longer supported and 'to boot' even then no obvious function control. It's in a hidden menu. If I could swear under forum rules I would.

OK, you will not believe how incredibly 'stupid' the solution was and retro but I have found the way to enable / disable the Smart LED.

None of the apps worked, it was the web interface and not with a current browser as no longer supported and 'to boot' even then no obvious function control. It's in a hidden menu. If I could swear under forum rules I would.
where did you find it?

I hope this helps some other poor sod - images attached for guidance visually.

Firstly HiLook 'plugins' are not supported by modern browsers, you'll need to go old-skool like Internet Explorer etc. (it's possible some others will work I just tried IE) but it is very important to be clear upon this, only the web browser to the DVR IP address gave me an eventual solution. As above the Apps had no change in functionality.

Once you key in the DVR address a screen came up and then a plug-in approval for install. Having done that the grey screens in the configuration came to life, being unfamiliar it took me a few minutes to realise the Live Cams need enabled per split view, assigned to a frame. Once you have done that you can manage the cams - click the preview once and you see the border change, that's the one you will be now communicating with. To the right (per images) click on the three horizontal lines [button] which I have circled in red and you'll notice that a nice 1980's Atari style retro menu pops up in the preview window of the Live Feed for that assigned cam, the virtual controls for the PTZ now take on a different role although staying visually the same.

PTZ functions - Arrow Up : UP // Arrow Down : DOWN // Arrow Right : Select (Sub Menus) // Iris+ : Enter

My images and a little trial and error should get anyone through without alcohol. Remember to Save & Exit once done, I found the Apply & Reboot option in some menus just bricks the cam and that should be avoided.

Once into this 'engineers' menu you can select the Smart LED option and move from <Auto> to <Close> which I assume to be Chinglish for Off - we shall see this evening. There's also a LEVEL with a value between 0 an 3 and I hope that's a brightness setting, might be a darkness setting and again it's a wait and see moment what that does. I've emailed the manufacturer requesting a firmware update if possible on a wishlist (if not already there) for the light to trigger only in response to an event, such as intrusion or some other. That way it can be left on and not get on everyone else's wick as well as draw attention to itself when not necessary.

Interestingly I also found that the Smart Events are limited to either one or two cams depending upon the DVR model, mine being 4-Channel I could only set these triggers on two cams so had to think a little about what was best and where.

Attachments

• Setup_SmartLED_1.jpg
    Setup_SmartLED_1.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Setup_SmartLED_2.jpg
    Setup_SmartLED_2.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Setup_SmartLED_3.jpg
    Setup_SmartLED_3.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 151
@DavidWills Before I started using IVMS-4200 I always used IE in admin mode and was always downloading plugins for my older R0 R6 IP cameras and 7604 E series NVR.

Thanks for sharing your learnings :)

Back