01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR beeping and 'IP conflicted' Error Message After Power Cut

old codger

We recently had a power cut, when the NVR rebooted the NVR was beeping and we had an error message on the live view that said "IP Conflicted". What is the problem and how do I fix it?

IMG_2.JPG

Hi,

What NVR model do you have?

Do you have access to a PC or Mac running Hikvision's SADP Tool? SADP(for Mac) / SADP(for PC)
First two apologias: it is a DVR not NVR, and for the delay in replying.
The invoice list it as a 8DVRHKD2TB, the box has DS-7200. purchased 2018.
Yes my PC has SAPD installed.

Run SADP and see / share the results table.
Your reboot has very likely caused the DVR to pick-up an IP address which is already in use by another device on the network.

You can use SADP to turn DHCP on, which should enable the router to issue a new valid IP address to your DVR.

Then, as per @Kyle Mc post here reset DHCP to off, to fix the IP address.

Run SADP and see / share the results table.
Your reboot has very likely caused the DVR to pick-up an IP address which is already in use by another device on the network.

You can use SADP to turn DHCP on, which should enable the router to issue a new valid IP address to your DVR.

Then, as per @Kyle Mc post here reset DHCP to off, to fix the IP address.

Sorry about the delays in answering, have elderly wife with Dementa which takes up most of my time.

Have not used SADP before, it opens up to the not very good screen shot with no link to Share result table. Entered admin password and pressed modify, which is all I cand find to do and get pop-up "Parmeters modifcation completed" still bleeping.

pc-sceen.jpg

Hi old codger,

Its looks like DHCP isn't properly assigning a valid address to the DVR for some reason. You will need to:
  1. Untick the box beside Enable DHCP
  2. Beside IP Address, change the last two numbers (.64) to something else to assign it to a valid address (e.g.: .70) so the whole address reads 192.168.1.70
  3. Open the "commandprompt" program on your computer, type in ping {192.168.1.70} and hit enter. The commandprompt program should return something that reads like below:

1582719336303.png

If so, the IP address is valid. Click modify and all should be fixed! If commandprompt returns something that looks like this below:...

1582719529113.png

... you will need to try changing the last 2 numbers (.70) in the IP address in SADP to something else, then try step 3 again.

Not sure I have done this correct, unticked the box and edited the address on the DVR screen. This stoped the bleeping and got rid of the triangle, then ping and got this result
ping1.jpg

All looks good to me and should be working as normal again!

Many thanks for your help, with it I could perhaps adopte my Dyslexic age of 19 for technology.

Back