01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Email alert images - how can I get better quality images attached?

Delerium2020

Hi I’ve got 4 ip cameras connected to my hikvison 7604inki k I’ve managed to get the email motion alerts set up and sending images but they are shocking quality and from reading posts off various sites it’s best to get the images sent better quality by setting up the alerts in all the cameras than the nvr is this possible when the cameras a still connected to the Poe ports of the nvr ?

Good question - I have some cameras that seem to produce lower quality images in the email, but several of them over time (3), and some cameras that produce just 1 much higher resolution picture. Some insight from anyone that knows how to configure this properly between the NVR and cameras would be useful.

You're right. Unfortunately, it's a limitation of the NVRs which is explained in this similar thread - Capturing snapshots from my Hikvision NVR?

I would check that your firmware is up-to-date as the first step.

You can set up events and email notifications upon their trigger on your camera, even if they are directly connected to an NVR's PoE ports, but you will need to have microSD cards in each camera for the images to be saved to before they can be sent out.

To set the events and email notifications up, you'll need to log into the camera directly. You need to use your NVR's Virtual Host feature to access any camera directly connected to it. We have also seen that notifications seem to be quicker and more reliable when set on the cameras rather than the NVR. If you are going to do this, you should disable the events set on the NVR.

hello @Kyle. Would you be able to provide screenshot on configuring the alerts directly from the camera, as I'm struggling with setting this up. I have enabled NVR's Virtual Host feature and Test emails directly from camera, as it complains about a missing Gateway (error The network gateway is not configured, and this may cause the failure of email sending - sending a test email) . Each time I add the router gateway to the camera it prompts to restart the camera and the gateway setting that was saved disappears. See my config;

Cheers

Attachments

• SD2022-09-11 12_32_58.png
    SD2022-09-11 12_32_58.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 193
  • trigger2022-09-11 12_32_35.png
    trigger2022-09-11 12_32_35.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 200
  • smart2022-09-11 12_31_48.png
    smart2022-09-11 12_31_48.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 174
  • basic2022-09-11 12_31_16.png
    basic2022-09-11 12_31_16.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 180
  • email2022-09-11 12_30_02.png
    email2022-09-11 12_30_02.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 193
Hi

On your email setup, change the SMTP port to 465. Email encryption TLS. And then click TEST. Should work. That is my setup.

As you have a SDCARD installed, on the Intrusion linkage, click Upload to FTP/Memory Card. You can also select Trigger Recording so that a video of the event is also recorded to the SDCARD.

That should be sufficient for you to get emails with a screen capture.

However, there is also options, under Storage/Schedule Settings for capture with a schedule that can be set and for Event Trigger captures which might help.

Martin

I have the same problems with the gateway that is deleted again after entering and rebooting. Is there a background why this is so?

Hi

On your email setup, change the SMTP port to 465. Email encryption TLS. And then click TEST. Should work. That is my setup.

As you have a SDCARD installed, on the Intrusion linkage, click Upload to FTP/Memory Card. You can also select Trigger Recording so that a video of the event is also recorded to the SDCARD.

That should be sufficient for you to get emails with a screen capture.

However, there is also options, under Storage/Schedule Settings for capture with a schedule that can be set and for Event Trigger captures which might help.

Martin
Hello Martin, I have entered the SMTP and port correctly, but nothing goes out because the default gateway cannot be specified. Does it work for you and which network settings are necessary?

Hello Martin, I have entered the SMTP and port correctly, but nothing goes out because the default gateway cannot be specified. Does it work for you and which network settings are necessary?

Not sure where you issue is. I do not specify any default gateway on the email setting page. This is what I have.
Senders address and User Name are the same. Receiver Name/Address is recipient of email.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 172427.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

It does not work for me, so I suspect only the NVR is reached, but no services behind it.

Have NVR "DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S" with 2 cameras "DS-2CD2686G2-IZS".
Firmware of NVR is "V4.40.416".

Cameras are powered by PoE switch of NVR, get IP over it although Manuel and no DHCP is set in camera network settings. Actually NVR should be gateway for the cameras (i.e. forward packets to the outside) but this does not seem to work.

Do you have your cameras also connected to the NVR switch or are you using something else?

CAM Network

Back