01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Error connecting Hikvision camera to HiWatch NVR

hamish_t

Hi there,

I have a HiWatch NVR-108-E/8P and the 4 camera's that came with the unit working fine. Im trying to add a 5th HikVision (DS-2CD2385FWD-I) camera to the NVR but am struggling to get it connected.

The NVR finds the camera, and pushes a new IP address from the NVR range to the camera, but the status under camera management just say's "The username and password is incorrect". I edit the username/password to match what I login under via explorer directly to the camera but that doesnt seem to work.

I can login directly to the camera via a laptop.

Not sure if im doing something wrong, have the wrong settings on the camera or in the NVR (I have done a factory reset on the camera). I have also upgraded the firmware on the camera.

What am i doing wrong?

Hi @hamish_t

As far as we are aware, the rules around using HiLook and Hikvision together are that you can connect HiLook cameras to a Hikvision NVR but you cannot connect Hikvision cameras to a HiLook NVR. Also from what I can see online that similar HiLook NVR models to the one you have only support up to 4MP recording, so you won't be able to record at the full 8MP/4K resolution of the Hikvision 2385 that you have connected.

Datasheet for that model I mentioned above - https://www.hikvision.com/mtsc/uploads/product/accessory/Datasheet_NVR-100H_Series_NVR_20180328.pdf

Back