01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Error message: "The IP Address should be on the Same LAN"

RobG

I'm having trouble unbinding a device. I am running the unbind prompt via the SADP tool, but after filling out correct Admin Password and CAPTCHA Verification code, I select the confirm button, and receive this error message: "The IP Address should be on the Same LAN"

I found the post to unbind using the SADP tool after researching ( How-to: - How to Unbind a Hikvision Device using SADP on a PC @Dan ) - And I also checked the DNS Servers but still no luck. Any advice or tips on potential next troubleshooting steps?

I'm having trouble unbinding a device. I am running the unbind prompt via the SADP tool, but after filling out correct Admin Password and CAPTCHA Verification code, I select the confirm button, and receive this error message: "The IP Address should be on the Same LAN"

I found the post to unbind using the SADP tool after researching ( How-to: - How to Unbind a Hikvision Device using SADP on a PC @Dan ) - And I also checked the DNS Servers but still no luck. Any advice or tips on potential next troubleshooting steps?
Are the pc and camera on the same subnet?

Are the pc and camera on the same subnet?
Subnet was good. All IPv4 and IPv6 setting on both LAN1 and LAN2 were good.

some good news, after about 2 hours on the phone with tech support and some screen sharing, we got it all figured out. We had to update the firmware on both recorders (had this issue on 2 of 3 recorders connected). After updated, was able to unlink the existing account. Reboots were done prior, but for some reason we were not able to get latest firmware update until we we went through some hoops with tech support. It was a painful process. ALSO - the error continued to show on the SADP tool. I was able to unbind via the Local GUI - but took us a while to get the access to do so.

Back