01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Error Message trying to Playback recording using Hik-Connect Mobile app.

EZTutty

I keep getting the following message when trying to playback recordings using the Hik-Connect app (android).
"No more connections are allowed for the device. Please stop one or more connections and try again."

If I restart the NVR everything will work again for a few days, equally if I try again later (hours or days) it will work for a short period.

It just started happening, there's been no config or hardware changes. There's only 2 devices that use Hik-Connect to connect to the NVR and usually only used once at a time.

Also Live View works perfectly, it's only Playback that has the issue.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20210819-145032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @EZTutty

What NVR and camera models do you have? What firmware version are the NVR and camera currently using?

I've had that happen before. Here's what I think it is:

On occasion when you try to view an event, you'll get some kind of general playback error. It just happens from time to time. But on occasion it will happen multiple times in a row. It's only after these events that I get the "no more connections" error in HikConnect. My theory is that the first set of playback errors somehow keep those streams "open" and won't release them or shut them down. I've found that every single time I get the "no more connections" error, I can do a quick reboot of the NVR and it will "reset" these streams and everything goes to normal again.

I have no idea if my theory holds water, but as I said, I only get that connections error after I've tried to view multiple events in HikConnect and they've failed with general errors. Sometime later - it can be hours, days, weeks - when I again try to view event playback in the app it will give me the "no more connections" error.

Last edited:
Hi @EZTutty

What NVR and camera models do you have? What firmware version are the NVR and camera currently using?
Can't believe i forgot to put that in my post.

DS-7608NI-K2 NVR with V4.30.061 firmware
And 4x DS-2CD2385G1-I Camera's with V5.6.5 firmware.

I've had that happen before. Here's what I think it is:

On occasion when you try to view an event, you'll get some kind of general playback error. It just happens from time to time. But on occasion it will happen multiple times in a row. It's only after these events that I get the "no more connections" error in HikConnect. My theory is that the first set of playback errors somehow keep those streams "open" and won't release them or shut them down. I've found that every single time I get the "no more connections" error, I can do a quick reboot of the NVR and it will "reset" these streams and everything goes to normal again.

I have no idea if my theory holds water, but as I said, I only get that connections error after I've tried to view multiple events in HikConnect and they've failed with general errors. Sometime later - it can be hours, days, weeks - when I again try to view event playback in the app it will give me the "no more connections" error.
Does sound very similar, altho I don't seem to get any other errors.

Back