01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Error "No Video Found" and Device Offline

riffraff55

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone would be so kind to help me out with the following issue:

I have a HikVision NVR, Model Number is: DS-7216HGHI-SH. Ive had it for about 5/6 years and has been working absolutely fine apart from the 1 time hard drive crash which was swiftly replaced with a new 4TB Seagate Disk.

For the past few days, the cameras have all seem to gone offline, I cannot access them from the app on my phone, or from the desktop or even from the nvr itself. The tv monitor the nvr is connected to via HDMI cable continually shows "no video found". nothing has been moved or touched or changed so im not sure where the error is coming from or even how to fix it. I have tried the following:

1. thinking it might be a faulty hdmi cable, i connected a new one to a standalone desktop monitor and still "no video found" displayed on screen
2. replaced the hard disk with a brand new 4TB WD disk and still no menu function comes up on screen.
3. checked and changed the ethernet cable coming from the bt router into the nvr but no change.
4. unlpugged the cameras and added 1/2 instead of the 12 i have but still same error.

i am at my wits end, i dont know if it is a simple solution - something im glaringly missing or something gone terribly bad. Woudl really appreciate someones insight into this on what else I can try. if not, do I need to buy a new NVR?

many thanks for you time.

Hi @riffraff55

Do you have Hikvision's SADP Tool installed on the PC you use to access the DVR?

If you don't have it can you install it please and then use it to check what firmware the DVR is running and then share the firmware it is currently running with us.

Can you also tell us the camera models you have?

Hi dan

many thanks for replying.

i have sadp installed but it doesnt pick up anything. theres nothng in the list even when i click refresh - it just shows 0 devices are online. i have the ivms-4200 app installed on the mac but not sure where to find the firmware version or if it even shows it.

i have the Fixed Dome 4MP IR Dome Cameras - approx 16 of them. 2 internal and the rest external on the house. i think they are these: DS-2CD1143G0-I

i have had a look at the front of the nvr the power light is green, there is no light at all on the Status and the tx/mx shows a flashing continuous green light. inside, there is power going to the board ans the fan is running but there is a red light swichd on the board that says LED1 near it or CV50?? (sorry not very technical).

Not very sure what else I can check?

many thanks for you patience.

We only work with IP systems and have never done any setup with the particular DVR model you have so our knowledge is limited, you say you are not getting any images from the cameras but are you still able to access the DNVR menus on the HDMI monitor?

If you can you should be able to find the DVRs firmware in the maintenance menu under something like System Information or Device Information.

It is strange that you are not even seeing the DVR on your local network, how is the laptop/PC you are running SADP on connected to your network? Is it plugged directly into the router with an ethernet cable, are you using WiFi from a laptop, or are you connected directly to a port on the NVR?

SADP has to be running on a PC or Laptop that is hard wired to your router or a switch that is connected to the router for it to see the devices on your local network.

If you can identify what the firmware of the DVR is then it should be using v3.3.4, if it is not using that firmware then you can find it here at Hikvision's Download Portal

Have you at any time had all 16 of these cameras running on this DVR? I ask because according to the spec sheets I have seen online your DVR does support IP cameras but only 2 x IP cameras can be connected at 1 time and the DVR will only support 1080p resolution.

Personally I think you will continue to have problems with this system if you try to run 16 x IP cameras on an analog DVR, we would advise to make things easier for yourself and to actually get the full 4MP resolution of the cameras you have that you upgrade to a 16-channel NVR like the DS-7616NI-I2/16P

Hi Dan,

I cannot even see the menus from the dvr on either the screen connected to it or an external monitor (that i connected with a hdmi cable) just to test it. it just says "no video found" on both. so i cant even get to the basic nvr menus.

the mac is connected via a direct link to the router, there is an ethernet cable directly running from the nvr to the bt router.

sorry i meant i only have 10 cameras working from the connections on the dvr and they all were working fine until a few days ago. the exception log from the ivms-app running on the mac shows the following error codes:

error code 7 - connection failed: device offline or connection timeout.
error code 96: home login failed.

i was looking to upgrade the cctv system in the future - just not right now. I would rather if i could have this working for the short time and then upgrade in the near future.

im wondering whether replacing the nvr (with the same make and model) would make a difference? is the nvr even faulty is what Im asking - if that makes sense. I would rather have some sort of cctv system in place than nothing tbh.

thanks for all your help also

DVR Faults/Failures are rare but not unheard of and the fact that you are saying you are getting no image at all over the directly connected monitor, no device showing in SADP, and you can't connect via SADP. All these things at one time would suggest a total failure of the DVR and if you have no other way of accessing the DVR the only other things I can recommend is to see if there is a physical hard reset button inside the DVR case and also to log in to your local router and see if you can identify the DVR on your routers device list. If you cannot see the reset button or the DVR on the device list then, unfortunately, there is not much you can do to get the DVR back online.

The reason I was trying to get you to check the firmware version is that it's quite common that in the worst-case scenarios (e.g. all cameras offline, NVR/DVR disconnecting from the network, no access to the system) the systems are running old firmwares that have vulnerabilities that leave the system prone to viruses and hacks that can take the system offline. For some NVRs/DVRs once that happens if they don't have a physical reset button there is very little you can do to get the devices back and they are basically bricked.

@riffraff55 are you opening SADP Tool while iVMS-4200 is open? Try closing the latter as SADP has a habit, especially on my Mac, of delivering a greyed-out zero when devices are being claimed by another app.

Back