01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ethernet camera run over 100m

Monkey57

Looking for a solution to run a Hikvision camera over ethernet in excess of 100m.

Currently have a 2CD2042 operating on a 60m Cat6 cable to a powerline adapter which runs the signal to the house. This isn't an ideal setup and severely limits the bandwidth I can run for the mainstream. I want to get rid of the powerline portion of the line and run LAN/Ethernet for the total distance ~130m. To avoid the 100m ethernet max limit for Cat5/6, I plan to replace the powerline adaptor with switch to repeat the signal for the next distance of additional cable (~70m). Does this sound like a reasonable solution to this length wiring run?

Additionally I plan to upgrade to a 2CD2045 or 2CD2T45 to take advantage of the 265+ encoding which should also help

To avoid the 100m ethernet max limit for Cat5/6, I plan to replace the powerline adaptor with switch to repeat the signal for the next distance of additional cable (~70m). Does this sound like a reasonable solution to this length wiring run?
Yes

Just a thought but what bandwidth Powerline adapters are you using> There are now sets that run at up to 2000Mbps https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA9020K..._12?keywords=homeplugs&qid=1574202957&sr=8-12 This is obviously theoretical and will be less than the stated figure, it also relies on the condition of your wiring, but should be capable of transmitting HD video.
currently just using a 500Mbps powerline, thanks for the idea, probably just going to opt for the more laborious option of running a new length cable to guarantee the best possible bandwidth :)

Back