01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Event Emails not working!!

Ollie

Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded my NVR to the DS-7608Ni-I2, however since doing so I have lost all notifications of any motion detection at all basic or smart. On the NVR it has logged all the smart events and works perfectly just no emails since the change over of NVR.

Everything is set as it should be (thanks by the way for the guides). Is there anything I'm missing thats obvious?

SMTP settings correct, getting the test message. I even tried switching from gmail to aol but made no difference.
If I look on the logs section on the web browser nothing is being logged.

Things I tried last night:

Turned off SMART Events & left basic on, highlighted the whole screen to detect, set the sensitivity to 100, still no notification (email)

I'm at a loss with it at the moment to be honest!!

My settings at present: (I don't have the ability to live view on work Laptop)

Basic Settings:

1547811020408.png

1547811082559.png

Smart:

1547811142210.png

1547811191872.png

Email Settings:

1547811388703.png

1547811470792.png

Is the Arming Schedule set for All Day? DS-7608Ni-I2 firmware latest?

I'll give it a try. I'd have thought if it was a firmware issue then there would be ALOT of threads regarding this wouldn't there?

Yeah, there should be plenty threads. I've just checked mine, running ver. 4.1.65 (which is no longer available on the download portal) and the email alerts are working. I'll downgrade to your firmware and check if I have the same issue. More to come.

Yeah, there should be plenty threads. I've just checked mine, running ver. 4.1.65 (which is no longer available on the download portal) and the email alerts are working. I'll downgrade to your firmware and check if I have the same issue. More to come.

Thank you appreciate your help

Motion alerts via email with firmware 4.1.11.171204 are not working on my NVR. It sends the test message and I receive it in my mail client. I don't get the motion detection alerts. The firmware is not allowing me to upgrade back to 4.1.65 via the web GUI. Seems there is an issue with WebComponets and this firmware too.

Safe to say 4.1.11.171204 has some issues. I'll have to use a USB stick to test 4.1.63. More to come.

Motion alerts via email with firmware 4.1.11.171204 are not working on my NVR. It sends the test message and I receive it in my mail client. I don't get the motion detection alerts. The firmware is not allowing me to upgrade back to 4.1.65 via the web GUI. Seems there is an issue with WebComponets and this firmware too.

Safe to say 4.1.11.171204 has some issues. I'll have to use a USB stick to test 4.1.63. More to come.

Wow, thats interesting, Thank you for having a look, sorry about not being able to upgrade back to 4.1.65

Using Internet Explorer 11 instead of Chrome fixed the WebComponents issue. Same problem with 4.1.63. Crazy. Loading 4.1.65 and will report soonest.

I can at least browse for the DAV file on I.E 11 but it just says upgrade failed immediately. Looks like a USB stick when I get home!

Would you mind sharing 4.1.65

I've upgraded to 4.1.65 and email alerts are now reaching my email client. I'm hesitant to share a firmware that is no longer on the download portal. They removed it for a reason. I may also be violating forum rules posting a link to a firmware Hikvision has removed. Best you private message me going forward.
1547826258503.png

I upgraded to firmware 4.1.70 and the email alerts and test message are not working. The NVR is also rebooting when it attempts to send the email alert. Sticking with 4.1.65.

Thought I'd try V4.1.67 build 181106. It's working on test messages and alert emails. No reboots.

Upgraded to 4.1.65 now working perfectly. Thanks for your help everyone

Back