01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Event setup for a Hikvision AcuSense camera and NVR?

dkbolduk

Hi, I am trying to tweak the event alarms for the cameras I have. The NVR is DS-7616NXI-I2 / 16P/S and the particular camera I am trying to setup the alarms on (via the NVR) is DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (4k Acusense)

This is not from the initial setup so I'm playing around with the best settings. It seems if I have basic motion event setup a cobweb set the alarm off during the night. Am I best to use smart events and disable the basic event - motion and just use smart events? I currently have basic event-motion detection as well as smart - intrusion detection and line crossing (used near our gate) setup. Also on the smart even - intrusion detection I use two regions to create two shapes which best cover the area.

The documentation doesn't seem great for the NVR

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am trying to tweak the event alarms for the cameras I have. The NVR is DS-7616NXI-I2 / 16P/S and the particular camera I am trying to setup the alarms on (via the NVR) is DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (4k Acusense)

This is not from the initial setup so I'm playing around with the best settings. It seems if I have basic motion event setup a cobweb set the alarm off during the night. Am I best to use smart events and disable the basic event - motion and just use smart events? I currently have basic event-motion detection as well as smart - intrusion detection and line crossing (used near our gate) setup. Also on the smart even - intrusion detection I use two regions to create two shapes which best cover the area.

The documentation doesn't seem great for the NVR

Thanks in advance.
You first need to be aware that you're setting up an AcuSense camera on an AcuSense NVR. You cannot use the AcuSense features of the NVR if you're using an AcuSense camera. Just switch off AcuSense for that channel on the NVR and then it's fine just to use the motion detection on the 2386 camera with the human filter applied and you then shouldn't get false alerts from cobwebs. Line crossing and intrusion are more configurable but motion v2 with AcuSense filter on is ok for most general applications.

You first need to be aware that you're setting up an AcuSense camera on an AcuSense NVR. You cannot use the AcuSense features of the NVR if you're using an AcuSense camera. Just switch off AcuSense for that channel on the NVR and then it's fine just to use the motion detection on the 2386 camera with the human filter applied and you then shouldn't get false alerts from cobwebs. Line crossing and intrusion are more configurable but motion v2 with AcuSense filter on is ok for most general applications.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try.

I work in a Control Room and we never use basic event motion as they seem to false alarm a lot more than smart events. We simply use line crossing combined with intrusion events which works the best.

I work in a Control Room and we never use basic event motion as they seem to false alarm a lot more than smart events. We simply use line crossing combined with intrusion events which works the best.
Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks for the message. I have now configured those which seem to be working better. still a few tweaks but much better. Thanks.

Back