01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

External access to your cameras

stone28

Hi,

I have few POE IP cameras (Dahua and HikVision) connected to a Win10 Server running BlueIris 24/7.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me with two questions:
  1. What's the best Android or iPad App I can use to access my cameras from outside and if there is maybe a tutorial on how to set it up if not straight forward?
  2. How I can set up external access to my PC server to view footage? Any good recommended Dynamic DNS providers? I believe I need to get account on one of these, install small client on the server and make one port forward on my router?
Really appreciate all the help.

Regards,

Radek

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @stone28

As you are already using BlueIris and have a mixture of Dahua and Hikvision cameras, then the BlueIris app is probably your best option - we don't have any experience with it I'm afraid, but another member might be able to chip in on it.

This video explains setup with mobile devices using the app:

Dahua and Hikvision both have their own app which is free to use, but they do not allow you to add 3rd-party cameras unless they're connected to one of their NVRs.

For remote/external access, you will not need to use DDNS for Blue Iris, but you will need to forward the relevant ports on your router. This video explains how to do this, and set up remote access:

Back