01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Rfvhu

Hi All, I’m new to this site and new to cctv. However I’m quite into plc automation but lacking terminology when it comes to this subject so I’m really hoping someone can advise me a little.
I need to operate an ip camera via an external switch controller. Putting it simple if I had a switch that when I switched it on the camera would take a photo or record a video, send an email and store a copy on the cloud. But must be activated via switch. Is their anything out there and if so what is the terms / criteria used for searching for such a camera…

Last edited:
You'll need an IP camera that accepts an alarm input connection, so that you can wire your switch to it.
And then lets you ftp an image based upon detecting that input switch event.

Hikvision cameras with the -IS suffix have I/O connections.
And (I think) they will allow you to configure as described.

That’s exactly the information I needed thank you so much Phil

I was wondering all I hear about is hikvision are they the most recommended. I only ask because I’m trying to find a good non Chinese camera. For a living I repair cnc machines and the Chinese machines are very poor quality when it comes down to just about everything… materials, electronics and coding

Last edited:
Hikvision are THE most popular brand, because lowest prices.
They are the only Chinese brand that we offer.
Check the Brands section of our webshop - IP Cameras and IP CCTV webshop..
Vivotek and GeoVision are Taiwanese.
Hanwha was formerly Samsung = South Korea.
Mobotix = Germany.
Axis = Sweden.
But, a lot of kit is of course still 'Made in China'.
You can check the Specs tab on any product page and for most recently added products we will show 'Country of origin'.

Back